Virtual Directory in IIS on 2003 server solution

frbnet

After long time i have found the way to create a Virtual Directory in IIS, and i whanto share my script with your all.

i have copy issvdir.vbs from system32 dir to c:\InetPub\AdminScripts

Install script:

C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\iisvdir.vbs /create W3SVC/1/ %serverip%_%serverport% %gameserverroot%

Uninstall:

C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\iisvdir.vbs /delete W3SVC/1/%serverip%_%serverport%

Best Regards

frbnet

• 3 weeks later...
After long time i have found the way to create a Virtual Directory in IIS, and i whanto share my script with your all.

i have copy issvdir.vbs from system32 dir to c:\InetPub\AdminScripts

Install script:

C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\iisvdir.vbs /create W3SVC/1/ %serverip%_%serverport% %gameserverroot%

Uninstall:

C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\iisvdir.vbs /delete W3SVC/1/%serverip%_%serverport%

Best Regards

frbnet

C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\mkwebdir.vbs -c LocalHost -w "1" -v "%serverip%-%serverport%","Pathforyourredirect"

and you should not set the path to game server root else that would be easy to read/download the server configs and so get the rcon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

By default MIME types don't contain .cfg where RCON password is. So you can set %gameserverroot%. The second issue is that you can set in IIS not to allow browsing of your site.

F.e. i have site files.mydomain.com/86.292.21.24/ If it CS:S you need to put /cstrike at the end so it looks like http://files.mydomain.com/86.292.21.24/cstrike

sv_downloadurl "http://files.mydomain.com/86.292.21.24/cstrike"

Archived