Checking to make the correct choice

Guest jmeier

I am looking at providing a game server setup running on a Win2003x64 server on a VDS platform. I know I need a master license. Is running the master with the web/database and a game server all running on the same VDS supported and functional?

I know VPS's are not supported and I am pretty sure VDS's are in the same boat. Can they run, sure they can. But the problem comes in when you start having problems. As everything is vertual there is no real ability to trouble shoot the hardware makeing it harder to track down problems, there could also sometimes be driver conflicts with the virtual system.

Also running web, database, and game servers all on the same machine IE master is fine for starters but if the website or game servers realy start to get traffic you could easily end up with a resouce problem. It is best to keep web and databases seporated from gameservers for optimal performance.

I am looking at providing a game server setup running on a Win2003x64 server on a VDS platform. I know I need a master license. Is running the master with the web/database and a game server all running on the same VDS supported and functional?

You would need to order a master license, That's correct.

Archived