Server Spec's VS Performance

xP3000

you never can tell about the slots.

It depends on how your machine is configured (services and background apps running) how each game server is configured and what mods it is running etc.

And since I never tried to run X identic game servers configured exactly the same way and filled I cant even tell you how many CSS tick 100 slots you can run or whatever the game.

Altho I can give u the specs :

minimum : Xeon X3350 8Gb RAM

maximum : i7-920 12 Gb RAM

both on windows 2003 std 64 bits tweaked to the max.

you never can tell about the slots.

It depends on how your machine is configured (services and background apps running) how each game server is configured and what mods it is running etc.

And since I never tried to run X identic game servers configured exactly the same way and filled I cant even tell you how many CSS tick 100 slots you can run or whatever the game.

Altho I can give u the specs :

minimum : Xeon X3350 8Gb RAM

maximum : i7-920 12 Gb RAM

both on windows 2003 std 64 bits tweaked to the max.

Both are really good machines and what I would use if I was running quad cores.

Q9550's (4GB) and i7-920's (6GB) +1

just a quick question a bit off topic here.. but you say tweak the OS to the max etc.. but what are you tweaking? or changing within the OS?

I know you cant really say because you've done your own testing and dont want other gsp's knowning etc.. but just in guide lines...

just a quick question a bit off topic here.. but you say tweak the OS to the max etc.. but what are you tweaking? or changing within the OS?

I know you cant really say because you've done your own testing and dont want other gsp's knowning etc.. but just in guide lines...

disabling unnecessary services is a big part of the tweaking.

Basically everything that is not needed to host game servers is disabled, then a few more registry tweaks to optimize ram usage etc

I just configure the machine to run game servers and nothing else, windows comes with a lot of stuffs I dont need for my business.

I also secure it editing some registry keys access, antivir.

disabling unnecessary services is a big part of the tweaking.

Basically everything that is not needed to host game servers is disabled, then a few more registry tweaks to optimize ram usage etc

I just configure the machine to run game servers and nothing else, windows comes with a lot of stuffs I dont need for my business.

I also secure it editing some registry keys access, antivir.

yea there isn't much you can do when it comes to windows. pretty much most tweaks are in regards to decreasing memory usage.

Archived