GTR2 Manager

dimitrifrom31

I created a config to create GTR2 manager with TCA but i got a few doubts :

the manager seems to need to be ran manually first time so you can set which server it has to manage via the PID.

Altho when the machine will reboot the PID will change so how you guys manage to deal with this? Are you running 1 GTR2 server per machine only?

Cuz if i get lets say 2 instances of GTR2 dedicated running and 2 managers I will have to somehow tell them which serverto manage everytime they are restarted or machine rebooted.

thx for ur help

Edit : actually I can get the manager work only when both server and manager are started manually from remote desktop... Else it just says "dedicated server not found"...

That's correct you need to manually start the mgr initially so the proper configs can be generated.

The easiest thing would be to run one instance on each server to deal with the mgr conflicting with other servers but that's not always practical of course..

Awhile back we had the developer come up with a custom script for us which fixes this problem. (Each instance binds to a certain PID).

The work was something we paid to have done so unfortunately it's not something I'd be willing to share here but if you contact the developer I'm sure he could come up with something for you.

That's correct you need to manually start the mgr initially so the proper configs can be generated.

The easiest thing would be to run one instance on each server to deal with the mgr conflicting with other servers but that's not always practical of course..

Awhile back we had the developer come up with a custom script for us which fixes this problem. (Each instance binds to a certain PID).

The work was something we paid to have done so unfortunately it's not something I'd be willing to share here but if you contact the developer I'm sure he could come up with something for you.

Thx, got weird issues with that manager anyway, it works fine when I start both server and manager manually but as soon as server is started with TCA manager is unable to detect it. I need to first solve that

As for contacting the developer Ive seen that he hasnt been giving a sign of life for like 2 years unfortunately so no chance on this side.

If I get it working with TCA I ll still take my chance contacting him but I could read a few posts about ppl who tried without success and they are already from 2007.

Edit : when testing on a second machine manager does not even detect server whan manually started...

Heres is the cfg, I tried starting game server and manager with local system account then with admin account, I enabled/disabled interact with desktop but nothing helped.

it looks like the manager has issues when running more than 1 instance aswell, somehow it looks like it keeps some datas in cache cuz I started a seond manager without any cfg file and it had same config loaded than 1st one. I guess my version may be the problem altho its the only 1 i found (GTR2 manager beta 2)

thx for ur time btw

GT Racing 2 v1.1.txt

Sorry for the confusion, I meant what's your GTR2 Mgr. config look like? The way we have it set up is adding the ServerMgr as a secondary application with GTR2. You can download our config for the Mgr. below if you want to give it a shot.

GTR2 Server Mgr.

Thx but I dont see what in the config could explain what happens. I tried it anyway and still same problem : Manager detects dedicated only when dedicated in started manually from remote desktop. As soon as dedicated is started with TCA it stops being detected.

Archived