Fraudulent orders from Algeria

dimitrifrom31

Received a lot of fraudulent orders lately, all were about an insane amount and coming from IP starting in 40.100.X.X or 40.103.X.X

minimum order was 180€ maximum 5000€

the guy hardly speaks french if he contacts you previously by email. then he deos not reply anymore after placing an order.

His name is hachmi bachir (I think its his real one) but pays with paypal accounts owned ofc by other names.

I refuse (refund) all orders paid by paypal where names don't match up. Unless I think it might be a parent child situation in which case I phone verify the order.

I just don't feel the risk is worth it as arguing with paypal is hard enough when names don't match up you can pretty much kiss the payment goodbye.

Do you use phone verification for game server orders or for bigger orders like dedicated servers and what not?

Or do you even use the phone verification?

I use to use it but not anymore :p We pretty much never loose our paypal disputes so it's not a huge concern.

Paypal will always stand by yourside if its a virtual service (ex. hosting, etc.)

i only had 1 dispute occuring to this.

and.. how ever, there was once when this guy was sneaky and tried to use unauthorized purchase.

however. if you have log ips and details just tell paypal this isn't an unauthorized ip and let them match the ip.

well the payments made by this guy were cancelled in the hour by paypal system, only bullshit from paypal is thet they do not warn you at all about this so basically if you dont check your paypal account daily you will never know the payment was finally cancelled and the guy will have a free server.

well the payments made by this guy were cancelled in the hour by paypal system, only bullshit from paypal is thet they do not warn you at all about this so basically if you dont check your paypal account daily you will never know the payment was finally cancelled and the guy will have a free server.

Emails are sent out to people who hold business accounts.

Archived