Source TV Relay Question

Bryce

Hey Guys,

I've got a question about running a Source TV Relay.

I've got it all setup, the right files from the hldsupdatetool, the right config, the right command line, etc. However when I launch the STV Relay I get the following error in the console:

The server requires that you be running Steam.

I have tried running steam even on the Dedicated box but with still no luck. Anyone else ever have this problem, if so what was your fix?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

you wont get much helpful assistance if you dotn provide your cfg file at least

also try with firewall disabled

There is no firewall enabled, and the server is running hltv along with another Source TV without a problem, don't really think there is a problem with the .cfg file but I guess I can post it.

CFG File:

tv_title "STV Server" // Sets a SourceTV broadcast title shown in the spectator GUI

tv_relay 127.0.00 (I know this is not the correct IP)

tv_relaypassword scrim // If your game server's SourceTV master is passworded, replace "" with the game servers tv_password

tv_password "" // If you wish to lock up your SourceTV relay to prevent unauthorized viewing of practices, scrims and matches, please input the password you will require spectators to input

tv_transmitall 1 // SourceTV master server will be viewing all angles and POVs of the gameplay...otherwise you would be limited to forced angles and no POVs

tv_maxrate 30000 // Sets the maximum bandwidth spend per client in bytes/second (default 5000)

tv_chattimelimit 20 // Limits spectators to chat only every n seconds

tv_autoretry 1 // If enabled, SourceTV relay proxies try to reconnect to last known server after connection was lost.

tv_delaymapchange 1 // Delays the map change on game server until rest of buffered game has been broadcasted

tv_dispatchmode 1 // Always leave this at 1, changing may prevent the server from functioning

sorry I meant your TCA cfg so we can check yout whole setup, command line, etc

My command line is: srcds.exe -game cstrike -console -ip 127.0.0.0(Temp IP) +tv_port 27020 +tv_maxclients 10 +exec stv.cfg

I have tried running it through tcadmin and just straight through the command prompt both with the same error.

My command line is: srcds.exe -game cstrike -console -ip 127.0.0.0(Temp IP) +tv_port 27020 +tv_maxclients 10 +exec stv.cfg

I have tried running it through tcadmin and just straight through the command prompt both with the same error.

give a try to this

-game cstrike -console +ip %serverip% +exec stv.cfg -tv_port %serverport% +tv_maxclients %slots%

give a try to this

-game cstrike -console +ip %serverip% +exec stv.cfg -tv_port %serverport% +tv_maxclients %slots%

Has nothing to do with the command line as we run plenty of source tv relays and have been doing so for 16 months.

Archived