licensepath

DougK94

• 2 weeks later...

Have you got it fixed?

How are you setting your path?

I have mine outside the install path.

IE: licensepath=C:\yourcustompath\

While the install is located at is C:\yourts3server\

Make sure you don't include licensekey.dat at the end.

try putting the licence key in the ts3 install folder and Right Click the folder > Properties > Click Hidden > Apply > Ok

and that will hide the folder so no one can see it and if you want to get in it. you will need to go via url bar on my computer put: Eg: "C:\Users\user\Desktop\ts3" if your ts3 folder is on ur desktop as i use it for most files i got on the dedi server i don't want staff to see like Scripts (etc)

Thanks Chaotic, i will try like you say.

As for your question dimitri, its simple ... if i want to let someone have acces to the FTP/File Manager of my TS3 server and there is my licence, im in deep shit for many reasons. So the option of "licence path" its a personnal choice like people who dont use condoms and others do.

Thanks Chaotic, i will try like you say.

As for your question dimitri, its simple ... if i want to let someone have acces to the FTP/File Manager of my TS3 server and there is my licence, im in deep shit for many reasons. So the option of "licence path" its a personnal choice like people who dont use condoms and others do.

create a ftp account via TCAdmin and restrict filename "licensekey.dat", that should be enough to let him do what he has to do without having ability to touch the licence.

Or try to put the licence in a sub folder and create a blank folderconfig.tca so he cannot see / download / upload anything.

try putting the licence key in the ts3 install folder and Right Click the folder > Properties > Click Hidden > Apply > Ok

and that will hide the folder so no one can see it and if you want to get in it. you will need to go via url bar on my computer put: Eg: "C:\Users\user\Desktop\ts3" if your ts3 folder is on ur desktop as i use it for most files i got on the dedi server i don't want staff to see like Scripts (etc)

if you conenct with a ftp client to a folder containing hidden files you can display them enabling the "show hidden files" option afaik

Archived