Aliens Vs Predator 3

SickPuppy

lol the game is cool but the demo had no dedicated servers

the official game on release will have dedicated servers and most likely

i think to get the files of the server, you prob have to buy the game

im not sure if SEGA might release the server files before the game though.

i emailed rebelion who created the game for sega a week ago and got this responce from them

"Hey Dean,

It's all being finalised from what I gather, but is likely to end up being part of the tools set on Steam. So you'll be able to host your own servers for your gsp

All the best",

Julian Hall

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the Beta dedicated server file will be released today. We will start working on a TCAdmin config as soon as we can but unfortunately I have final exams today and tomorrow so it may be a few days. I am sure someone will get one out before we do.

MotorMouth is usually pretty quick when it comes to configs. If it can be run through TCAdmin he will figure it out

yeah, hopefully they fix it where you dont need it.

however, reading from the post on STEAm forums.

"For server administrators;

The dedicated server will be available via the “tools” tab of the Steam client. If you already have a copy of the full game installed, it will simply add the dedicated server executable to the install folder. If you do not have the full game installed, it will need to download approximately 15GB of data.

One install is required per machine, and multiple instances of the server executable can be run simultaneously – the server currently requires the Steam client to be running, only one steam client/log on is required per machine regardless of the amount of instances you run, and the Steam account used to log on does not need to own a copy of the full game. Please refer to the dedicated server readme for more information and help, in particular the known issues section. A server command guide is also available in the installation folder"

Said "does not need to own a copy of the full game"

However, on my personal steam it shows up (i have the game installed)

however, when I install steam on dedicated servers without the game, it doesn't show up on tools.

hah. i guess another mistake Rebellion have made =/

But yeah, 15gb worth of files, need to run steam for each location is such a huge fail.

I agree with ya.

Many people are complaining about the bug and people spawning every where randomly on the map, and more on steam forums.

Said "does not need to own a copy of the full game"

However, on my personal steam it shows up (i have the game installed)

however, when I install steam on dedicated servers without the game, it doesn't show up on tools.

Yeah i have the same issue i only see them because i own the game unfortunatly. You also cannot log ur steam accout into 2 locations so i cant test the servers for myself once i have it installed as its needed to run the server......

Seems like its only avaliable for the people who bought the game so far.

Since its Open Beta, it shouldn't be important.

Maxplayers is set to 18 too, and I don't think you can switch it any lower in open beta.

I see all servers are at 18 too.

Archived