tc admin

fangedaxa

hi guys hope u can clear something up for me.

hopefully i can get trial then rent tc admin monthly if all goes well.

im getting virtual server from gameserve and was wondering can i run tc admin on that virtual server?

seen a lot in forums bout they run from website do i need to run from website or can i just stick it on my virtual server ???? thanks

Virtual servers are not supported, only dedicated. That does not mean it will not run, it just means they won't provide support for it as the majority of problems are a result of the virtualization not tcadmin and you will find this situation with most software as virtualization is not 100% effective at simulating a real server.

Personally I'd advise against a virtualised server for game servers period. Had many customers come on saying they need X amount of CPU to run X amount of games. Becuase they were on a virtualised system and told there lag was becuase they were maxing out the CPU. When in fact it was that the real CPU were being maxed out from all the servers, so the virtual was maxed out.

But when switched to real hardware they were barely scratching what the CPU could do.

Archived