Moving TS3 servers (new machine)

Derek

Hi there,

At this point we are really stumped in regards to this issue. We recently got a new machine for our chicago voice servers so we are wanting to move over from the old machine to the new machine. We backed up the ts3server.sqlitedb , adjusted the query/voiceip in the ts3server.ini to the new ip as well as adjusted the voice server setting in tcadmin to the new ip. When we test the settings it works ok, all the virtural servers are now on the new ip but when I chcked the logs for ts3 it is showing the following issue:

2010-06-05 14:01:56.765625|INFO |VirtualServer | 1| listening on 0.0.0.0:9987

2010-06-05 14:01:58.187500|INFO |Query | | listening on 0.0.0.0:10011

Which of course it means it's not binding correctly even though everything "seems" to be working correctly. Any ideas ?

I just started playing with the sqllite browser the other day, works pretty good.

Maybe its just me, mysql would seem like overkill for TS3 servers. Its not like all TS servers are on a central box. each box has like 100 virts on it, whats wrong with lite in that capacity?

-Bobby

I just started playing with the sqllite browser the other day, works pretty good.

Maybe its just me, mysql would seem like overkill for TS3 servers. Its not like all TS servers are on a central box. each box has like 100 virts on it, whats wrong with lite in that capacity?

-Bobby

yeah, I just started using sqlite browser as well ;) indeed, mysql is really overkill and a waste of time setting up :)

I don't really see how its much more difficult to utilize a MySQL or similar database versus the SQlite database. The security alone is worth it in my eyes. What's overkill? Not like a smal DB will utilize any amount of memory/cputime.

Not really debating the use of it, for things such as CSSRPG, or something of a non-customer relation. The simple notion of storing the information on the local box is what gets me. Especially seeing how a majority of users utilize the same password across the board, this could lead somewhere icky.

I don't really see how its much more difficult to utilize a MySQL or similar database versus the SQlite database. The security alone is worth it in my eyes. What's overkill? Not like a smal DB will utilize any amount of memory/cputime.

Not really debating the use of it, for things such as CSSRPG, or something of a non-customer relation. The simple notion of storing the information on the local box is what gets me. Especially seeing how a majority of users utilize the same password across the board, this could lead somewhere icky.

so you are nebating sqlite due to secruity not performance. That's fair

so you are nebating sqlite due to secruity not performance. That's fair

fair? What's fair have todo with anything? Not sure why everything turns into an 'argumentative state' over here lately...What is this GSPTruth? :o I stated my opinion of what you were utilizing the software for, and then explained why I was stating that in the subsequent post. Wasn't really here to knock boots.....

SQLite: easier to setup, great for temporary (testing databases), great for rapid development, great for embedding in an application, program is contained in a file creating no install other than the driver, and no server to run in the background, great for single user-use, not fit for production in a large scale, doesn't have user management, doesn't have many performance features, and writes to a file in realtime, sqlite ignores/ has no data types (no varchaild..just generic fields--though this can be beneficial too), no security except for native filesystem security on the data file.

MySQL:

bit more difficult/complex to set up (much of this has changed since 09 though) has better options for performance tuning, is fit for a large scale production database, utilize data types, security enhancements, and can scale extremely well if tuned properly, great for multi-user simultaneous use, writes to a remotely or locally stored database, can manage users, permissions, etc.

The pro's and con's of each are distinguishable, however coming from someone who is a security nut, I personally don't enjoy situations where I have to save customer data in a "file format". This is great for desktop applications, non-personal/privldeged information (Like CSS: RPG etc), small web development and so on...Just not fit for me for that utilization. If it works fine for you then, kudos!

fair? What's fair have todo with anything? Not sure why everything turns into an 'argumentative state' over here lately...What is this GSPTruth? :o I stated my opinion of what you were utilizing the software for, and then explained why I was stating that in the subsequent post. Wasn't really here to knock boots.....

SQLite: easier to setup, great for temporary (testing databases), great for rapid development, great for embedding in an application, program is contained in a file creating no install other than the driver, and no server to run in the background, great for single user-use, not fit for production in a large scale, doesn't have user management, doesn't have many performance features, and writes to a file in realtime, sqlite ignores/ has no data types (no varchaild..just generic fields--though this can be beneficial too), no security except for native filesystem security on the data file.

MySQL:

bit more difficult/complex to set up (much of this has changed since 09 though) has better options for performance tuning, is fit for a large scale production database, utilize data types, security enhancements, and can scale extremely well if tuned properly, great for multi-user simultaneous use, writes to a remotely or locally stored database, can manage users, permissions, etc.

The pro's and con's of each are distinguishable, however coming from someone who is a security nut, I personally don't enjoy situations where I have to save customer data in a "file format". This is great for desktop applications, non-personal/privldeged information (Like CSS: RPG etc), small web development and so on...Just not fit for me for that utilization. If it works fine for you then, kudos!

Not sure why you went on.... already said that's fair in your point on why you don't like sqlite....Relax mate

Hehe, i have used MySQL for everything known to man that can run on it, the performance of it in my opinion is so much better, the security, and very very very very rarely have i ever had a corrupt MySQL database. However, one thing for me that i have had bad luck with is when i run Lite somewhere along the line, it always gets corrupt and then your just S.O.L. :\

One thing i have looked at doing is running all of my TS servers from a central MySQL and store them in their respective databases on the server, but i haven't run a test on this yet to see if its possible and efficient to run it that way. Yes i know there is the query time and the network traffic load, but in my tests for this, the TS query is generally pretty short and the network traffic is very minimal for the query and update process for the database, the only thing i am worried about is the active TS servers that run many queries for the in and out users for authentication.

Archived