TCA hack attempt

dimitrifrom31

As an additional security measure, i'd recommend that everyone takes advantage of the IP connect limitations in TCA Security Configuration. We only allow a few IPs to connect, others cannot connect even if they have the right username/password combination. Enabling email notifications for admin logins is also a pretty useful thing to do even if you don't limit by IP - if you get an email notifying you of an admin login when you're not expecting one, sound the alarm!

As an additional security measure, i'd recommend that everyone takes advantage of the IP connect limitations in TCA Security Configuration. We only allow a few IPs to connect, others cannot connect even if they have the right username/password combination. Enabling email notifications for admin logins is also a pretty useful thing to do even if you don't limit by IP - if you get an email notifying you of an admin login when you're not expecting one, sound the alarm!

was away tonight, wanted to login but couldnt due to that IP restriction lol

gota connect in RDP via mobile phone to master and ipen web browser on it to access tca, kinda painful.

already had the email notification

was away tonight, wanted to login but couldnt due to that IP restriction lol

gota connect in RDP via mobile phone to master and ipen web browser on it to access tca, kinda painful.

already had the email notification

It can be a bit painful if you're not connecting from one of your normal addresses (such as when travelling), but i'm glad to have that extra layer of security.

• 1 year later...

Archived