Install/Uninstall fails

dimitrifrom31

When installing/Uninstalling a server on a win 2008 machine got this error :

An error occurred while uninstalling the service: Microsoft ® .NET Framework Installation utility Version 1.1.4322.573 Copyright © Microsoft Corporation 1998-2002. All rights reserved. The uninstall is beginning. See the contents of the log file for the c:\program files (x86)\tcadmin control panel\monitor\services\tc66037177853453722451222\tcadminservice.exe assembly's progress. The file is located at c:\program files (x86)\tcadmin control panel\monitor\services\tc66037177853453722451222\tcadminservice.InstallLog. Uninstalling assembly 'c:\program files (x86)\tcadmin control panel\monitor\services\tc66037177853453722451222\tcadminservice.exe'. Affected parameters are: assemblypath = c:\program files (x86)\tcadmin control panel\monitor\services\tc66037177853453722451222\tcadminservice.exe logfile = c:\program files (x86)\tcadmin control panel\monitor\services\tc66037177853453722451222\tcadminservice.InstallLog Unable to create an instance of the TCAdminService.ProjectInstaller installer type. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. The inner exception System.Xml.XmlException was thrown with the following error message: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 5, position 37.. An exception occurred during the uninstallation of the System.Configuration.Install.AssemblyInstaller installer. System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to create an instance of the TCAdminService.ProjectInstaller installer type. The inner exception System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException was thrown with the following error message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.. The inner exception System.Xml.XmlException was thrown with the following error message: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 5, position 37.. An exception occurred while uninstalling. This exception will be ignored and the uninstall will continue. However, the application might not be fully uninstalled after the uninstall is complete. The uninstall has completed. An exception occurred while uninstalling. This exception will be ignored and the uninstall will continue. However, the application might not be fully uninstalled after the uninstall is complete.

ANy idea about how to solve? The log file mentionned just says same thing about "An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 5, position 37.. An exception occurred while uninstalling"

• 1 year later...

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I just hit this on a new box and heck if I can figure what the deal is.

EDIT:

For anyone else, if you plan to run your services under a specific user it helps if you create the damn user and assign the correct permission....now time for some sleep as that was an entirely stupid mistake.

it was a framework version issue, you gota edit a file on remote if i recall correct

Open a ticket luis will tell u else try to force an update

Im on phone atm, if i got time later i will copy paste the support ticket answer i had

Thanks, idiot mistake on my part - error was very close to your above was thinking it was related, but in fact it wasn't, thanks though!

Archived