Natural Selection 2 ?

marks

• 2 weeks later...

Trance, how'd you get your server running? I tried getting mine going, but it gave me a PhysXLauncher.dll is missing, and well once I copied it over from my computer to the dedicated machine it simply gave a failed to initialize error :/

During this process my steam account was logged in and I was trying to run it from the Steam install folder.

Edited by Solor

http://www.unknownworlds.com/download.php?file=Server.exe

You can install Physx and Directx (shouldn't need directx) from the NS2 files without using the Steam install.

Then read the Dedicated_Server_Usage.txt

The server stores its settings in the file: %APPDATA%/Natural Selection 2/server.xml

If the file does not exist, it will create a default copy the first time it is run.

The server options can be changed in the file manually, or they can be 
specified individually on the command line (those changes will be saved by default.)

Optional command line settings are:

-file [path] (allows you to specify a different configuration file for server settings)
 -name [name] (specifies the server name to be shown in the server browser)
 -map [name] (specifies the map to load)
 -ip [address]
 -port [number] (default is 27015)
 -limit [number]
 -lan [1 or 0, or true/false] (specifies how/if this map shows up in the master server list - default is false)
 -password [optional]
 -save [1 or 0, or true/false] - (specifies whether to save out command line overrides - default is true)

Examples:

Server.exe -map ns2_tram -limit 32 -lan false
 Server.exe -file "c:\my servers\config.xml" -map ns2_rockdown -lan true -save false

Example server.xml

<options>
   <lanGame>false</lanGame>
   <mapName>ns2_tram</mapName>
   <password></password>
   <port>27015</port>
   <serverName>LowPingGameServers.com</serverName>
   <address>ip.ip.ip.ip</address>
   <playerLimit>16</playerLimit>
</options>

http://www.unknownworlds.com/download.php?file=Server.exe

You can install Physx and Directx (shouldn't need directx) from the NS2 files without using the Steam install.

Then read the Dedicated_Server_Usage.txt

The server stores its settings in the file: %APPDATA%/Natural Selection 2/server.xml

If the file does not exist, it will create a default copy the first time it is run.

The server options can be changed in the file manually, or they can be 
specified individually on the command line (those changes will be saved by default.)

Optional command line settings are:

-file [path] (allows you to specify a different configuration file for server settings)
 -name [name] (specifies the server name to be shown in the server browser)
 -map [name] (specifies the map to load)
 -ip [address]
 -port [number] (default is 27015)
 -limit [number]
 -lan [1 or 0, or true/false] (specifies how/if this map shows up in the master server list - default is false)
 -password [optional]
 -save [1 or 0, or true/false] - (specifies whether to save out command line overrides - default is true)

Examples:

Server.exe -map ns2_tram -limit 32 -lan false
 Server.exe -file "c:\my servers\config.xml" -map ns2_rockdown -lan true -save false

Example server.xml

<options>
   <lanGame>false</lanGame>
   <mapName>ns2_tram</mapName>
   <password></password>
   <port>27015</port>
   <serverName>LowPingGameServers.com</serverName>
   <address>ip.ip.ip.ip</address>
   <playerLimit>16</playerLimit>
</options>

were you able to get it running without steam?

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use