Counter Strike Source and Hlsw

MaxXx

Hi there,

I have a problem with one of my clients who rents as CSS Server and the tootl HLSW http://www.hlsw.de. This tool seems to be some kind of rcon remote server control, works for pretty much very game, you login by rcon password and then manage the server without connectin.

Well the problem was that this guy couldnt login by rcon, it just wouldnt let him. So I ran some tests, it works with pretty much other game i offer (havent tried all), just not CSS. So i thought this must be something in the config, and changed around some stuff, like "log on", or deleted some commands where i was unsure of what they do. After every change a map change, but still no reaction from the server to hlsw.

No real idea what else this could be, did some of you guys once have had a problem like this, or would you know what this causes?

Thanks for any Help :smile:

Greetz

Max

It is a config (or old edition of HLSW) if you can't see the server or issue console commands. If you can see the server and issue console commands just can't use some of the other features then that is HLSW it deosn't fully support the source games.

It is a config (or old edition of HLSW) if you can't see the server or issue console commands. If you can see the server and issue console commands just can't use some of the other features then that is HLSW it deosn't fully support the source games.

No its the newest HLSW version, downloaded just this morning, and aswell it surely fully supports Counter-Strike Source! I have used it in past for css servers, and so far there were never problems like this.

Not so, you can run an older version and still have customers connecting. Client steam is backwards compatible usually at least 3 builds, I have a build 2 (cuase that is the build the customer likes) of source running that has no trouble being connected to by build 9 clients.

Half Life Server Watch is a powerful gaming- and administration-tool, useful for ambitious gamers and also for professionell server administrators. From easy connecting to gameservers to live-reporting of a match into an Internet Relay Chat everthing is possible with HLSW. Because HLSW was made by gamers for gamers, main focus was to develop an ergonomic design.

With its modular structure and the design of sections it gives you all the necessary information on every part of your gameserver with a single click. Just toggle the rcon section and you are able to administrate your server in a comfortable way within seconds.

But HLSW supports even more: Let your friends know where are you playing and show serverdata in messenger programms like ICQ and IRC, so they know where you are playing.

HLSW can also start Anti-Cheat clients like Cheating-Death automatically if they are required on the Server.

HLSW supports about 40 games overall with all their mods, and every update covers the newest games and changes.

Supported multiplayer-games

Alien vs. Predator 2

America's Army: Operations

Battlefield 1942

Battlefield 2

Battlefield Vietnam

C&C Renegade

Call of Duty

Call of Duty: United Offensive

Day of Defeat

Devastation

Doom 3

Elite Force

Elite Force 2

Half-Life

Half-Life 2

HALO

Jedi Knight 2

Jedi Knight 3

Medal of Honor Allied Assault

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Breakthrough

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Spearhead

Neverwinter Nights

Operation Flashpoint

Operation Flashpoint Resistance

Painkiller

Project IGI2: Convert Strike

Quake 1

Quake 2

Quake 3 Arena

Quake 4

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Rune

Savage: The Battle For Newerth

Soldier of Fortune 2

Star Wars: Battlefront

SWAT 4

Tribes 2

Tribes Vengeance

Unreal Tournament 2003

Unreal Tournament 2004

Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory

Ok I figured it out now. Since I can not force my clients to use another program if they want to use HLSW, :lol: I just had some closer looks. I stopped the server in TCadmin and started it manuall in console mode. And then the windows firerwall warning poped up, from there everything was clear. Unblock application, stop it again, start it in tcadmin, and done :smile:

I am so stupid I didnt get to that earlier :oops:

Probably the windows firerwall blocked the rcon ports or something like this, I dont really know what was going on in background, the main thing now is that its working.

Thanks to all of you guys for your great support!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived