Server IP's and Port's Clashing?

Tiny Tod

Hello, i got told from one of our people this is a bug with tc admin but im dont know for sure.

The problem is our server ips and ports are clashing like, on box restart they get a different IP or port to tc admin gave it, i was thinking it might of been source tv with some servers but i was wrong im wondering why this is happening.

Is there a way where i could fix it though tc admin or through the box by any chance?

We us 5 static ips and they all have there ports ranging from 27015 - 27099

as we cant fit that many servers on one box alot of them are just one port away example

192.168.0.1:27020

192.168.0.1:27021

(not real static ips)

And im not sure why there getting different ips to what tc admin are giving it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

SRCDS (the Source Dedicated Server) will always use a minimum of 2 ports, 3 if using STV

- A Server Port (default 27015) which is the +port setting in the command line

- A Client Port (default 27005)

- A SourceTV port (default: 1st port available after server port)

You can see what ports the game server is using by looking at the beginning output lines of the console for this line:

Network: IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, mode MP, dedicated Yes, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL

Lets assume you have a single IP address on your physical server, you are using the default srcds ports and are not using SourceTV

The first server you create would have a server port of 27015 (specified) and a client port of 27005 (obtained automatically)

The second server you create would have a server port of 27016 (specified) and a client port of 27006 (obtained automatically as the next available port after 27005)

and so on, so

If you have more than 10 servers on a single IP address and you are using default ports the 11th server would have a server port of 27026 (specified) and the client port is going to look for the first available port after 27005 which in this case is now 27027.. meaning when you create your 12th server using a specified port of 27027 it will still start but srcds identifies that port 27027 is in use and will take the next available port

obviously if you are using source tv as well and the stv ports are in the default range you will be able to run less than 10 servers. hope that makes sense

so the available fixes are)

1) use a port range higher (or lower) than the default range for the client ports - e.g start with port 28015 and work upwards leaving 1000 ports available for the client ports

2) use multiple IP addresses and only assign a few servers to these IP's

3) you can specify the client port via the command line but in my experience this breaks all sorts of crap like VAC so i recommend option 1 or 2

Cheers

ZeeBOB

Archived