Fraud prevention

gemcneill

Hey guys I am wondering what everyone is using for fraud prevention. I am using the one WHMCS provides. I am using the default settings and I am still seeing fraud get though. If I increase the settings, it can cause issues with legit customers order from Europe. I would like some insight on how other providers are combating the fraud. Thanks in advance.

George

The credit card processor does the fraud check but we do our own fraud check as well. We check any order over $50, some of the fraudulent orders we are receiving are over $400. One common denominator is the IP address will not match the physical address given and the phone number is either dead or also belongs to a location other than the billing address.

Just because a merchant approve the order doesn't mean people will stop the fraud or scams. However its best to check yourself, use like maxmind or telephone verification, and use a reputable merchant.

I would suggest not to use Google Checkout though because Google doesn't support online services or intangible. Fraud or chargeback will always win.

I would suggest not to use Google Checkout though because Google doesn't support online services or intangible. Fraud or chargeback will always win.

Actually not true, I have won both charge backs I had through Google checkout the same way I have won the paypal disputes. I present my logged details providing identity verification and material delivery information. Then present my extremely low charge back rate and high win rate through my merchant account and state why should I use you if you won't uphold the same standard.

They are making profit off every one of my customer that uses there services to pay me. If companies quit taking them as a funds source then they quit making profit. They know that so if you can show you can filter out fraud through your own processing and that you expect no less from them they will fight it and cover the cost if it does fail. But you must have your ducks in a row first.

Archived