weird ftp problem

dimitrifrom31

on one of my servers (and only one) tca ftp server is not working properly with secondary Ip's :

- it works fine when using primary IP

- it works fine if firewall is disabled

-it does not work with firewall enabled however the monitorservice.exe is in the fw exception, even the port 21.

- the secondary IP's are working fine, even got servers running on them

- in tca server config the FTP IP is blank to "listen to all"

- in windows firewall advanced properties I have ticked the "FTP" box

for now as a temporary solution I have edited the tca config so the ftp will listen only to primary IP and customers can see primary IP in their control panel.

cant seem to find why its not working with fw enabled on other IP's, any idea?

I've had that issue before -- Looking through my notes here -- Give me a few minutes.

--

Hmmm only thing I got you already mentioned....Racking my brain now because I know I've had that issue aswell.

Have you tried re-applying the configuration to the monitor on that box?

I've had that issue before -- Looking through my notes here -- Give me a few minutes.

--

Hmmm only thing I got you already mentioned....Racking my brain now because I know I've had that issue aswell.

Have you tried re-applying the configuration to the monitor on that box?

ye, thx for ur time but i already relaunched the tca config utility on that machine and restarted the monitor service several times with no luck

I dont think the problem is at the monitor but the FW.

You can try to make a new rule in the FW, no restrictions.. only put local port on 21.

You could also try to telnet on port 21 on the IP's that are not working, if it works on the local machine but not on external, its probably a FW issue.

Archived