What makes a good CSS server?

kraze1994

Again, there are many variables -- You would need to be specific to many things.....*reg* doesn't exist to begin with, if you really care to know take a moment to read how the engine works and interprets its data.

The 'lag' in a server can be contributed to many many things, not just network performance, hardware performance, disk performance, how poorly a script you might be running is written, how one mod might be interfering with another mod, how a particular map you might be running is done improperly, where the playerbase is located and the average latency of them. If you are looking for just a general knowledge response, then what I listed above would be your main concerns. If your asking because you are looking for a particular host for a particular reason, giving as much information as possible would greatly help.

Thats cool - Was just looking to know so I could better answer your question.

Those would be your main concerns...of course each one listed goes more in depth. I'm always on irc in gamesurge under the name 'gameservers' if you'd like to chat ever, its been pretty boring in there lately so hop on, give me something to do in between tasks :)

Archived