Source Engine Games - Bulk Update

ZeeBOB

How do different GSP's here update multiple Source Engine games so that every server doesn't have to download the files when an update is released?

Im sure there are different ways, wondering if someone has a better way than i'm doing at the moment...

Cheers!

Use the built in TCAdmin Update Generator to create an archive of touched files. Place that update in your TCA game updates folder.

The client can then select that update from a tab on their control panel.

sorry this is a quick version, use the search feature here at the forums to find more indepth explanation as to how to customize and set that up.

I'm walking out the door :p

-Adam

just let your customers update their servers whenever they want using the steam update button.

you can make a news to remind your customers to update their servers and notify them that some plugins may be broken.

This is the best way imo cuz if you force update you may crash some servers due to suddent plugin incompatibility.

Doesn't bother me if it breaks plugins. We cover that in our T&C's. Players can't use the server if it is out of date anyway...

I didn't even know the Update Generator existed! Excellent tool! Only question is now, can it be automated? i.e are there command line switches so I can schedule it as an automatic task to run the updater?

Archived