minecraft alpha/classic

integrapynoy

for classic Just create a new cfg, use the .bat as "tca executable", make sure java is installed on server and add server.properties in default config files setting server ip and server port variables inside.

Use the minepedia wiki for more info about servers.

Edited by dimitrifrom31

for classic Just create a new cfg, use the .bat as "tca executable", make sure java is installed on server and add server.properties in default config files setting server ip and server port variables inside.

So just to make sure, you mean to say create the cfg file and put the same text thats in the server.properties in that file? And use that as the main cfg/default cfg file right?

i already have java running, as i can run the servers from within the machine but just not through tca.

So just to make sure, you mean to say create the cfg file and put the same text thats in the server.properties in that file? And use that as the main cfg/default cfg file right?

i already have java running, as i can run the servers from within the machine but just not through tca.

yup and replace some values by variables like port by %serverport% so when tca creates the server it will put the serverport you set up on creation page.

Couldn't someone just make a game configuration file that I will be able to import.

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

you would be done already if you just created your own config. Removing personal tweaks from mine would take much longer than making yourself a config tbh. minecraft cfg is pretty much basic, you will be done in 2 minutes.

you would be done already if you just created your own config. Removing personal tweaks from mine would take much longer than making yourself a config tbh. minecraft cfg is pretty much basic, you will be done in 2 minutes.

I agree, it takes about 2 minutes or so to create the config.

Also, How can I limit the Slots in MC, when the user can just edit the server properties file....And how can I change the IP of each MC Server? THanks!

This im also curious about. How do we block access to change the slot size in the server.properties file, but allow other changes, like MOTD, server name, etc.

you need to disable ftp/file manager and use config editor for that file.

edit : regarding the low ressources used by this game I recommend you to rent "unrestricted" slots server tho.

Thats an idea but im not sure if i want to switch to unrestricted slots for this server or not. Ok how do i limit what can be accessed through the config edittor?

If you do not have a check in the following two options

Allow Text Editor if File Manager is Disabled

Allow Text Editor if File Manager is Enabled

Then the only thing they can edit are the things you stick into the config editor. And if value you use checkbox or dropdowns for they will be unable to even enter text for only choose from options you have set.

Alright fellas. New update for minecraft alpha. Getting a funky error during start up.

IF I START THE MINECRAFT_SERVER.EXE FROM TCADMIN I GET THIS:

[WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!

[WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

[WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

If i start it up from the minecraft_server.exe DIRECTLY, no issues. I have even speficied the port/ip on the server.properties file. Any idea? I had no issues until this new update came out which now runs from the .exe and not the .bat file since the .bat file no longer exists.

Alright fellas. New update for minecraft alpha. Getting a funky error during start up.

IF I START THE MINECRAFT_SERVER.EXE FROM TCADMIN I GET THIS:

[WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!

[WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

[WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

If i start it up from the minecraft_server.exe DIRECTLY, no issues. I have even speficied the port/ip on the server.properties file. Any idea? I had no issues until this new update came out which now runs from the .exe and not the .bat file since the .bat file no longer exists.

it still runs with a bat :

Multiplayer alpha server software

Minecraft alpha multiplayer support is currently under heavy development, and is riddled with bugs. You can help test it, though. It will get better soon, I promise!

If you're running on windows and just want to set up a server easily, download Minecraft_Server.exe, place it anywhere you want, then run it.

If you want to run the server on any other OS, or want to run it without the gui, it's a bit more involved.

First, make sure you can use java from the command line. On linux and mac, this should automatically work, but on windows you might want to set up a PATH system variable.

Then download minecraft_server.jar to anywhere, then launch it as:

java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui

because you are using the UI. Just get the .jar again and use the bat.

Alright, so download the jar file from the minecraft.net site and the bat will use that? Ill give that a shot. The thing why i didnt do it, is because when i run the minecraft.exe file, it creates the files and it also creates the jar file which the bat did not use.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use