Ridiculous Coder Story for a good lol

Jesse

So I contacted this coder who had a portfolio and contacts that referred me to him (I also found him on TalkFreelance with quite a few transactions with others on the forum). This is the most bizarre story because he's legit in a way other than the fact I paid $80 for coding at the start of August and still have not received a refund or any code for that matter. Like if you were someone who sleeps fine at night why not refund me after I started calling his mom and asked her to convince him to refund me... Ya it was interesting trying to get this money back. Normally I would just send the fraud watchers forum right his way along with a couple others but I didnt think I would see the money. Never close your PayPal dispute no matter how legit someone seems. You will close it after whatever is received. Last time I do that EVER.

Cheers lol. We will see if I get the money in the time he mentioned otherwise his I hope fraud watchers ranks #2 for his company keyword.

Here's the latest e-mail he sent me:

Dear Jesse,

I have never had to issue a client a refund due to such circumstances. However, in this case ethically you deserve one. I cannot do a complete reversal until PayPal and I fix my account. (I can receive money, not send out).

I sold my iPhone 3GS on eBay when I got a new one. Someone filed a dispute saying they didn't receive. It was shipped within 24 hours, had the tracking code etc. I had full seller protection and eBay basically stole $440 from me. I sent it to my lawyer, he got it sorted. Basically I got my money back but my PayPal account still needs updated. They informed me Friday it could take 3-4 weeks. I explain this to you not because I have to, but rather I don't want you to think anything I've gone and scammed a bunch of people. (Had that been my intention I wouldn't be emailing you right now)

So you can either wait until my PayPal is sorted or send me two designs and I can compensate within 48-72 hours time frame.

Happy Holidays.

P.S. Yes, what happened here is wrong and I would like to fix this and try to restore the hostility between us on this situation. Also, any MSN messages you've sent me were on my phone and I didn't receive them.

Regards,

Nick McCally

McCally & Co.

w. McCallyCo.com

e. Nick@McCallyCo.com

p. (317) 517-4190

Quick note -- When paying for non-tangible goods through paypal, utilize their 'credit card' as payment method for withdrawing funds. Why? Simple, if you fail to get anywhere with the paypal dispute methods, you can simply file a chargeback with your credit card company. Pay that credit card bill with another credit card, and you build yourself another layer of protection. Paypal 9.7 out of 10 times refunds chargebacks normally on their own grounds. Worse case, you atleast have two shots and someone else to talk to if paypal is not assisting you in recovering your funds, and this is a way to further escalate the issue.

Also, when buying tangible goods, see https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/warranty-outside and utilize this option if its something of importance or expense.

Also, https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_guarantee-outside#pbp-policy

pay particular attention to the 13.7 SNAD Definition section.

This might help with any issues you have in the future.

-Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Archived