two servers which one should have the most memory

dustoff

I am in the procress of changing servers. I am not really selling game servers persay rather supporting a couple of clans and providing a few servers for friends etc. More or less making enough money to cover the cost of the servers and fund my hobby (which is running game servers). Yes I am crazy but thats besides the point .

My question is I am moving server providers and need to know which machine should have the larger amount of memory. I am hosting the control panel from tcadmin so one is the master and one is the remote. Also One is based in a Dallas tx data center and is hosted in a Chicago data center.

I am locted in Dallas but having the game server closer to me only benifts myself.

Where the memory should go depends on where/what/how many games you place on each machine.

Location of the machine doesn't affect memory usage.

Master will use a touch more resources then a remote, but I'd say its far heavier on the CPU usage then the memory usage.

Really it all comes down to...

What games each machine is running. Different games eat different amounts of memory vs cpu

How many servers are on the machine? Obviously the more servers a machine runs the more memory it'll use.

Archived