tcadmin game server shutdown process

psyop

Hello,

When my gameserver is shutdown/restarted using TCAdmin it seems to be somewhat abrupt and ungraceful, as if it's being forced. I can't tell exactly what's going on, but can you shed some light on the shutdown process?

thank you

The shutdown is abrupt. It simple tells the application to stop through the OS not through queries.

If you are looking for a smooth shutdown and the game you are playing has it, then use rcon in the console and issue the shutdown command. But not all games have this and trying to code query shutdowns for all games that do have them would likely turn tcadmin into bloatwere and we'd be waiting around for each new game to be updated into tcadmin.

The shutdown is abrupt. It simple tells the application to stop through the OS not through queries.

If you are looking for a smooth shutdown and the game you are playing has it, then use rcon in the console and issue the shutdown command. But not all games have this and trying to code query shutdowns for all games that do have them would likely turn tcadmin into bloatwere and we'd be waiting around for each new game to be updated into tcadmin.

Thanks for the info. I suspected as much, because the hosted procon I am subscribing to will only reconnect to my gameserver if the GSP does an abrupt shutdown and/or restart of the game. We verified this by changing the shutdown procedure in the game server, and I shared this information with the procon hosting service provider, but they don't believe it and are insisting that the GSP is doing something unusual.

Thanks again

Archived