Potential job (Well for me)

lazyboy

Hi all,

This is my first post on TCADMIN and I have been trying to read up on the intricacies of the software. I can see the simplicity of it but there are a lot of game specific things that at the moment are just blowing my brain, I need to be able to see through the guff.

I am a web developer experienced with (PHP, mysql, Server Configuration and the usual XHTML css stuff) and thought this background would be a good start. I want to learn about TCADMIN from a non-gammig perspective (I don't play anymore) but I am not sure how easy this will be.

I guess because it is built to manipulate/host 3rd party software (games) you cannot expect all the info to be in one place so I am thinking the learning curve is going to be steep or research is going to be lengthy.

A case in point: Where is the list of server variables ie. %serverip% %serverport% etc and their usage.

I know it is just a matter of doing the job and I will learn but I can't seem to find a good starting point. Is there a good reference anywhere that I can use, like a manual or wiki to get started? I found a user guide but it is incomplete.

I am eager to get up to speed and any advice at this point would be really useful.

Thanks

LazYbOy

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lpgservers.

but i really think

YOUR SPEAKERS GOING HAMMER BAMMER BAMMER BAMMER

SPEAKRS GOING HAMMER? BAMMER BAMMER BAMMER

I believe that there are a few templates and sample scripts included with the software.

A lot of it has to do with integration and linking things together through TCAdmin so it knows where to install games, what IPs are on the boxes (servers section of tcadmin) and and then for each game (game configuration section), what specific configurations and command lines are needed and then plugging in the variables... server ip/port, name, slot count, etc.

TCAdmin controls most of it... it just needs to know what and where and how to configure the what when it's put where. That's where the %serverip% %serverport% come into play.

Archived