minecraft dedicated allocated RAM

integrapynoy

Hey guys,

I know dimitrifrom31 you have set this up so hopefully you can help me out.

Im trying to test starting a minecraft server with more then the default 1024 allocated ram. I tried doing it with 2048 and it says

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Could not create the java virtual machine

I know that i have more then enough avail RAM for this server to test but still no luck.

How did you get yours to run? Also how in the world did u get it to run with 512M because when i try to start a server with 512M it errors out saying that 512M is NOT enough memory to run minecraft.

Thanks

the 512 error is just a message, the server works anyway. Id recommend 1Gb minimum still

Yeah the 1GB is the default setting it to 512M it doesnt run. It just gives the error saying 512M is too low.

Also can you answer my other questions. I know you got this working so a lil help is much appreciated.

Thanks

you didnt reaad me : the 512Mb warning doesnt mean that the server doesnt work, just try by yourself in game;

About your other errors a simple google search will tell you. Its system related. the good news is most ppl rent 512/1Gb max servers.

I have lowered my max sold ram myself to 1.5Gb to make sure I wont have this kind of error since I ofc run multiple instances per machine.

you didnt reaad me : the 512Mb warning doesnt mean that the server doesnt work, just try by yourself in game;

About your other errors a simple google search will tell you. Its system related. the good news is most ppl rent 512/1Gb max servers.

I have lowered my max sold ram myself to 1.5Gb to make sure I wont have this kind of error since I ofc run multiple instances per machine.

Yeah ok i see it does run.

I did try to google that error and really not much luck on finding a proper answer (damn interwebs lol)

Do you have an idea why? I even tried it on my home machine which has 8GB and of course no instances of servers running that could possibly take up that RAM. And i still get the same.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived