Antitrust Violation

SickPuppy

I realize this, but I'm sure people said the same thing to the Wright brothers about flying... companies today that are one step ahead of "the normal" do very well. If anyone reads Seth Godin's blog you'll see he's on a new venture partnering with Amazon - it's a whole new model to publishing. Ample people most likely shut the idea down when he first talked about it.

PS. Why is LPGS back on this forum only to start flaming again? Would you ever walk up to someone on the street and say "you fail to see the big picture"?

Jesse, I wasn't ever not allowed... As far as flaming...I simply pointed out the obvious. Don't take things so personally just because your wrong nor for any reason. Move on and learn to accept constructive criticism.

Look at how many money/prize leagues that have been around. How many of them do you still see and who was prolific?

Jesse, I wasn't ever not allowed... As far as flaming...I simply pointed out the obvious. Don't take things so personally just because your wrong nor for any reason. Move on and learn to accept constructive criticism.

Look at how many money/prize leagues that have been around. How many of them do you still see and who was prolific?

Walk around and trash what people say all you want. I clearly stated that if Activision were to organize such a thing a different outcome would be seen. You act as if you're the smartest man on the planet - of course I'm aware of the unorganized/failing leagues that are around now. They would be a hell of a lot bigger if a major corporation developed the system and charged to be in it. Just in the way the best players get paid in leagues like the NHL - a similar system could be set-up. I also realize that it would be costly to set this up... are there any other truisms or obvious facts you would like to point out?

Jumping at every little point is just rude and annoying... look at the big picture/idea and make an intelligent comment. It would save you a lot of typing and prevent the topic from getting more trashed than you've already managed to accomplish. Cut out the crap like "you fail to manage to see the big picture" and "Don't take things so personally just because your wrong nor for any reason". No one cares to hear that shit.

The next great breakthrough in online gaming will be a third party program that will allow all PS3 and Xbox players to play against PC gamers on dedicated servers.

I agree... a system like I described would be a lot more competitive with more and more gamers. People playing consoles must get annoyed getting matched up with noobs since there is no server list... should xbox/ps3 gamers ever be able to use a "master server list" - the GSP industry, in my opinion, would surge with new hosts - better to be in now and get established even if sales are not quite where they used to be and starting new ones will only get harder especially if the developers stick to "ranked providers".

The next great breakthrough in online gaming will be a third party program that will allow all PS3 and Xbox players to play against PC gamers on dedicated servers.

I hope not , it will save the nerves of consoles.. since pc players are a lot more agile and faster... :D

Calm down Jesse.

Now let's keep this thread on track and quit derailing it.

It would be nice to see things work out differently for both console and pc as well as developers and GSPs. The common denominator is how are things moving forward going to come to fruition...it's all going to go the way of the console. The computer gaming industry as it were has evolved and the consoles will forever need a platform for the players to connect. MyIS has an agreement/contract (as well as others might) to be the hosting platform for EA in some capacity for console. In my opinion, this is where the future of the current GSPs will lie. OnLive is bringing a whole new concept to life and there will be many more ideas to come that way.

Archived