Anyone using Stardeveloper live help + iPhone app?

trancemode

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone using Star developer live help with WHMCS?

Also if you have an iPhone are you using the live help for mobile?

Would love to hear some feedbacks compared to livezilla or any other live chat you guys use.

currently using livezilla but looking into stardeveloper.

I use star developer and use there iphone app. I have totally enjoyed it only complaint I have had is the iphone app and the web site don't check in with each other. So if you say you are online with the phone then forget to turn it on when you board a plane or some such you will stay on even though you not really able to take requests for help anymore.

Compared to kayako live support it is loads better. Afraid I have never used livezilla as I don't trust freeware on a site where I take customer information. I want someone I can hold financially accountable if there is a security flaw with their software.

I use star developer and use there iphone app. I have totally enjoyed it only complaint I have had is the iphone app and the web site don't check in with each other. So if you say you are online with the phone then forget to turn it on when you board a plane or some such you will stay on even though you not really able to take requests for help anymore.

Compared to kayako live support it is loads better. Afraid I have never used livezilla as I don't trust freeware on a site where I take customer information. I want someone I can hold financially accountable if there is a security flaw with their software.

Ah, I see. Thanks for your feedback looking to hop on to stardeveloper.

Are you still using it?

So basically if you login on the desktop and login on the phone and sign off the phone, the desktop still shows on? It won't disconnect the desktop one?

How is customizing the software? such as footer, header, icons, etc?

Also are you using it with WHMCS? How is the live monitoring with WHMCS? Is it accurate?

Livezilla isn't bad. Even though its a freeware it does beat most monthly live chat but what it doesn't provide is a mobile app which I'm looking for when I have to head out for a quick errand. I don't really see how its taking customer information since I never seen a problem on that since its hosted on your own servers and couple of times, people don't even use real info when they first speak to you on live chat.

Was thinking of stardeveloper + kayoke and thinking of going with star developer due to WHMCS.

thanks.

Yes we still use it

No I created separate accounts for iphone users and desktop users. What I was talking about is if one of the support staff sign in on their phone and then forget it and just turns there phone off or looses internet access, and all desktop users set to busy or away, the website will still show live support as online instead of switching to busy or away. Not a major issue but we have had two times where it resulted in someone wanting live support when no one was there and that doesn?t look very professional.

I have not gone into significant customization as I felt the color scheme for the most part (made a couple minor tweaks) fit with my sites color scheme and I?ve never believed a popup chat box needs to be an exact replica of the site it came from. But it doesn?t look like significant customization would be hard for the company wanting to do so as long as they understand basic HTML and CSS and of course have a graphics person for any new graphics.

When I started with WHMCS I had trouble with it loosing tickets, both it?s built in tickets and then kayako integrated tickets. As I integrated WHMCS into our website and our main menu has a nice hard to miss direct link to support I have simply turned off all support features in WHMCS. Instead customers just click the support link from main menu and are in support. As it lacks auto login I may revisit it one of these days and try turning WHMCS support back on. But weighing lost tickets vs auto login it was a no brainier which I was going to do without.

I was not speak of personal/private information presented in the support software. I was speak to personal/private information stored on the server. Our company accepts credit cards directly in addition to paypal and google checkout. As such we must be PCI compliant and if there is a breach on our system we are subject to very hefty fines. If a paid software has a flaw that lets someone in through injection, database extraction, cross site scripting, whatnot they are liable and can be sued either for the fees we incur so we never go under or to recoup so we can go back into business without sky high insurance rates because we left it all on insurance. On the other hand if freeware has a glitch you are up a creek without a paddle, hope you have insurance and hope your insurance doesn?t hit you to hard.

That is not to say I don?t respect freeware. In fact the opposite is true. My experience has been the reputable freeware has less security flaws while its community is active and flaws are found and fixed faster. But regardless of the speed there is still no one liable except me. And the fees for security violations are just way to high especially being on a per card level instead of per incident for me to risk not having someone else I can lay blame on for software flaws.

Archived