Help With tcadmin windows 2008 server

anup_123

hello,

my config is Amd phenom x6 1090t 3.20 ghz

16 gb ram windows 2008 standard edition 64 bit sp 1

100 mbps bandwith.

I have some major issues in hosting on 2008 standard edition with tcadmin.

1) A single 32 slot hlds cs 1.6 server with mods uses like 100 percent cpu usage when its full or even say 20 slots r ther same is with srcds .Hlds on ticrate of 512 0r 1000 or 300 same usage,on 10 ticrate it drops to 5-10 % usage.Is ther any way to decrease the usage w/o causing lag to the game server ? I tried giving it a dedicated core still same usage. Same problem is with my other HLDS without any mods above 20 slots server too.

these r the plugins it uses

; Custom - Add 3rd party plugins here

autobuyfix.amxx

m1c.amxx

;bad_camper.amxx

instant_autoteambalance.amxx

unlimited_money.amxx

afkbombtransfer.amxx

amx_bancs.amxx

admin_check.amxx

amx_hpk.amxx

;permanent_message.amxx

auto_restart_vl.amxx

2) i would like to know if dproto is better than other non steam patches or not?

3) Whenevr i create a hlds using game server automation and after starting the server then try to change ip and slots of server or even say port it doesnt change though it shows in service settings that it has saved the config but still it doesnt apply to the game server.

4) i would like to know if windows 2008 is better or 2003 for game server hosting on my config.

5) I need some help in security section like which antivirus ,firewall to use whether to use or not ? and any protection frm ddos attacks or any other attacks on hlds ? i use anticsdos right now. I tried scannin the system but it aint having any trojan/virus or malwares.

6) and 1 more thing should we keep the cpu priority to "high" usage ? I have about 30-40 servers of 12,16,20,25,32 slots in all. so would it be better to keep the priority "normal" or "high" ?

Please do Help !

thanks in advance.

hello,

my config is Amd phenom x6 1090t 3.20 ghz

16 gb ram windows 2008 standard edition 64 bit sp 1

100 mbps bandwith.

I have some major issues in hosting on 2008 standard edition with tcadmin.

1) A single 32 slot hlds cs 1.6 server with mods uses like 100 percent cpu usage when its full or even say 20 slots r ther same is with srcds .Hlds on ticrate of 512 0r 1000 or 300 same usage,on 10 ticrate it drops to 5-10 % usage.Is ther any way to decrease the usage w/o causing lag to the game server ? I tried giving it a dedicated core still same usage. Same problem is with my other HLDS without any mods above 20 slots server too.

these r the plugins it uses

; Custom - Add 3rd party plugins here

autobuyfix.amxx

m1c.amxx

;bad_camper.amxx

instant_autoteambalance.amxx

unlimited_money.amxx

afkbombtransfer.amxx

amx_bancs.amxx

admin_check.amxx

amx_hpk.amxx

;permanent_message.amxx

auto_restart_vl.amxx

2) i would like to know if dproto is better than other non steam patches or not?

3) Whenevr i create a hlds using game server automation and after starting the server then try to change ip and slots of server or even say port it doesnt change though it shows in service settings that it has saved the config but still it doesnt apply to the game server.

4) i would like to know if windows 2008 is better or 2003 for game server hosting on my config.

5) I need some help in security section like which antivirus ,firewall to use whether to use or not ? and any protection frm ddos attacks or any other attacks on hlds ? i use anticsdos right now. I tried scannin the system but it aint having any trojan/virus or malwares.

6) and 1 more thing should we keep the cpu priority to "high" usage ? I have about 30-40 servers of 12,16,20,25,32 slots in all. so would it be better to keep the priority "normal" or "high" ?

Please do Help !

thanks in advance.

2) non steam patches are illegal, try to redownload the original files and see if your CPU usage is still spiking without useing those "patches"

3) what is your default command line in TCA config for CS ?

4) windows 2003 is better for old games IMO. only downside is that you cant run 1000FPS but 512 max.

5) windows firewall with ad-aware is a good combo, even the free version.

6) giving high priority to all game servers turns out to be a little useless UNLESS you got some services/programs using some CPU but thats not recommended for a server.

Just leave the priority to normal, you can set it to high for a couple of servers but if you do so for all then none has bigger priority than the rest.

Archived