Issues running web server and master server separately.

Nick119

Hey guys -

I ran into a wall here while I'm configuring the master server and the web/mysql server to run separately. Are there any instructions for this?

Right now I'm getting an error message that says: "Unable to connect to the remote server"

Any tips?

thank you very much in advance.

Best,

Nick

The one thing I forgot to mention that is probably important is that I'm running this currently from my personal connection behind a linksys router. However I have Block Anonymous Internet Requests, Filter Multicast, and Filter Internet NAT Redirection turned off and all necessary ports forwarded. I can reach the webpage (http://my_ext_ip:8888) for the master monitor from the VPS (where the web/mysql is running), so I know it's making a connection. I'm just wondering if the web server is trying to hit the NAT'd ip rather than my external ip.

This is temporary, trying to get everything setup before it gets collocated.

The one thing I forgot to mention that is probably important is that I'm running this currently from my personal connection behind a linksys router. However I have Block Anonymous Internet Requests, Filter Multicast, and Filter Internet NAT Redirection turned off and all necessary ports forwarded. I can reach the webpage (http://my_ext_ip:8888) for the master monitor from the VPS (where the web/mysql is running), so I know it's making a connection. I'm just wondering if the web server is trying to hit the NAT'd ip rather than my external ip.

This is temporary, trying to get everything setup before it gets collocated.

if ur hosting at home try this :

how does ur master server properties (in tca) look like? try putting your local IP in "monitor IP" and your external IP in "Hardware Firewall IP" if it doesnt work do the contrary

if ur hosting at home try this :

how does ur master server properties (in tca) look like? try putting your local IP in "monitor IP" and your external IP in "Hardware Firewall IP" if it doesnt work do the contrary

I've tried this. How would I put my external IP in the monitor IP field? By editing the Monitor.config?

Archived