Chicago Colo/DS

tbrown7552

Last year i got into running a Dedicated server for just my clan. Its nice having full control over your servers. I was originally with Colocrossing but their introductory prices were dropping, their hardware was aging and they wouldnt work with me on a price. I dropped them and looked around and found Colostore.com.

This is a Company located in South Bend, IN that owns their own datacenter. I was very hesitant going with someone without a huge reputation. I did and i never had a single issue.

I rented the following.

Intel Core i5 750

8GB DDR3 RAM

WD 300GB Velociraptor HDD

3300GB Monthly Bandwidth

100MB Line

/28 IP Addresses

Windows Server 2008 x64 R2

I paid 139.99 a month for this server and put TCAdmin on it. I never had any issues at all. The only support ticket i ever put in was for billing cause paypal glitched and charged me twice. Their Customer service from what i saw was very top notch and quick response. They run off the Level 3 network as well so its good quality bandwidth. I wouldnt hesitate to go back to them and they are always updating their packages to newer equipment.

If your a GSP and looking to raise your profit margin for Chicago then check them out. My rate was for 1 server. Im sure if you buy alot of them it will go down alot. They also never gave me any trouble for hosting game servers like some companies will. If they dont have the high end hardware you want on their site then contact them and they will build it for you. They also do colocation.

You found my secret.... we've had rack space there for over 2 years. The only down time we've had is our servers needing updates never had a network outage at all. They've also tore apart our servers installed new cpu's, psu's and memory without charging us a dime. I believe there partially family owned and they are building another location there as there almost at capacity in there current building. Great people to deal with. I would have recommended them to everybody before but.... it's a secret.

Archived