Cancellation does not automatically Terminate

CrimsonGT

I am not sure what the issue is, but it does not seem that our WHMCS is automatically removing servers when the clients service is cancelled.

I was never a part of the billing staff, so I have not actually started cancelling services until this month. However, I was looking at our machines and we have hundreds of servers that are still running that were cancelled months (some over almost a year ago).

For cancellation it looks like the original owner (Derek lol) just checked "Auto Terminate at end of Cycle" and wrote cancellation, but it doesn't seem like this actually terminated the services. Is there more to it, or is something just wrong with our WHMCS TCAdmin Module?

Also, we have a LOT of machines, and it took me 2 hours just to clear out all of the running servers on one of them. Would there be anyway to automate this (probably from WHMCS) so that it goes through each user, and checks each of their services in TCAdmin to see if it still exists?

I am guessing no, and assume I am going to have to dedicated this week to cleaning our machines, but wanted to ask first.

Unfortunately whmcs and tcadmin must be properly synced for auto termination to work. Most of the time if they sign up and whmcs creates the server then autoterminate will work.

But if you move the server, or delete and create a new one through tcadmin this can break auto terminate

In your case I doubt there is any easy cleanup. You could right a custom msql query but even that's not garunteed. I'd reccomend continueing exactly as you are. You should also plan for regular reviews of terminated accounts if going for auto terminate.

If you review the forums you'll find auto regardless of the software always has problems. This is a business where auto can elevate some work but you should be watching what it's upto and double checking by hand.

We have the same issues with both of our whmcs systems. We set them to auto terminate and cancel and some still do not terminate which is probably related to what studeggle said with the server moves, ip changes etc. So it's one of my jobs to browse through each month and make sure they are removed.

This is a big reason why we don't rely exclusively on anything "automated".

As a rule I personally go through each canceled account every month to verify if they've been removed from the panel(s) and usually catch 1 or 2 strays almost every billing period..

agreeeeeeeeed!

• 2 months later...

Archived