Livezilla Geotracking changes - Premium Feature!

trancemode

http://www.livezilla.net/news/en/

We regret to announce that the free GeoTracking service will be discontinued by the end of January 2011. Due to the exponential growth of users in 2010, we are not able to keep the GeoTracking service free anymore. As a matter of course, Premium Users are not affected by this step.

I am not sure if many of you know or read, however it seems like Livezilla will soon be removing Geotracking for FREE. It will only be a premium feature.

I know it cost them money and I don't have anything against that but seeing that Geotracking was a great feature for usage of livezilla that is why we used it.

I know many companies who uses Livezilla and we do as well as its free, one of the best live chat software and mostly we used it for its GREAT Geotracking.

Geotracking was only the reason we used Livezilla. It was very detailed and useful since we could keep track of the region of where the sales were coming from, and who these people were. However, since I know not many people paid for these preimum features, do you guys really care about the geotracking lost? OR will you guys be paying for it?

However, since geotracking is gone soon by the end of Jan 2011, we don't really see a point using Livezilla any longer since there also isn't a MOBILE APP as well which I'm trying to get a live chat software for.

It seems like its time for us to change to stardeveloper live help since its an addon with WHMCS, has Geotracking (not detailed like livezilla) but they mention its going to add city soon like livezilla, and has a MOBILE app for iphone.

Just wanted to hear what you guys think as well. Are you guys going to stay with Livezilla for geotracking? OR you guys don't care about geotracking? OR pay for the premium subscription price (yearly) ? OR use a new live chat ?

don't really care about geotracking tbh, no real point in knowing where customers are located exactly. Id rather make a donation than buy that feature.

Geotracking in your site's analytics tool should do the job for any tracking/trending you are interested in gathering intel for.

don't really care about geotracking tbh, no real point in knowing where customers are located exactly. Id rather make a donation than buy that feature.

Thats the whole point of marketing, needing to know where sales are coming from so you can market more in that area if needed. Like Jesse said, google should do the trick.

saying geotracking is not needed is foolish.

Archived