Monday Night Combat (With custom config reader)

stewsta

header_292x136.jpg

I know there are 2 other threads, but this one is a completely different game config, as I built a custom application to run the game.

What and Why:

MNC (in its current form) does all of the server customization via the command-line, which is a real pain for server providers.

Via the tool I have built just for this, it will convert a custom made configuration file (./binaries/win32/server.cfg) into a command-line that will execute with the server.

For ease of mind, I have also included the source file for the application, which has been coded in C#.

Installation instructions:

1. If you haven't done so already, download the files from HLDSUpdate (Game name: mondaynightcombat)

2. Place MNC-Cmdliner.exe in ./binaries/win32/

3. Load the TCAdmin config via the Supported Games panel in TCAdmin

4. Install up to 12 servers per box [Please note that in its current form, you can only host this on the first IP, and the port is generated based on the "ServerID" you give it, which is generated automatically in my config]

Be cautious - this game uses a silly port system - there is an unchangeable query port, starting at steam's default - 27016. This can conflict with other server's ports (It will use the lowest available from 27016 onwards)

More Info: http://www.uberent.com/ - http://store.steampowered.com/app/63200/

Additional Admin info: thanks to Brett from XFactorServers

Finding Your Server

1) You should receive the IP:Port of your Game Server both by welcome e-mail as well as see it in your Game Panel.

2) You can either search the browser for your game server by name, or open the console (tilde key, left of the 1 key) and type "open IP:Port" replacing IP and Port with the ones relevant to your server.

Time settings

The time settings have values that won't make sense at first glance.

1) MatchDuration : This is the Duration of the Match. The values are as follows

0 -> 5 Minutes

1 -> 10 Minutes

2 -> 15 Minutes

3 -> 20 Minutes

4 -> 25 Minutes

5 -> 30 Minutes

6 -> 35 Minutes

7 -> 40 Minutes

8 -> 45 Minutes

9 -> 60 Minutes

2) OTDuration : This is the Duration of Overtime. The values are as follows

0 -> No Overtime

1 -> 1 Minute

2 -> 2 Minutes

3 -> 3 Minutes

4 -> 4 Minutes

5 -> 5 Minutes

6 -> 10 Minutes

7 -> 15 Minutes

Set your Admin Password

1) From the main game panel page for your Monday Night Combat server, click on "Default Config Files"

2) Go to HostileAccess.ini

3) After the AdminPassword= line, you will add the password that you want to use here and save.

Using the Admin Features

The following commands must be typed into the game console.

adminlogin <password> - Use this to authenticate yourself with the server. Grants Administrator Access.

adminkick <playername | playernumber> - Use this to kick players either by their name or by their player number. They can rejoin immediately after being kicked.

adminkickban <playername | playernumber> - Kicks and Bans players both by SteamID as well as their IP address.

playerlist - Display everyone in the game. The short ID number next to their name can be used for the above admin commands.

Included in the zip is three files:

-MNC-Cmdliner application (created by me for use in TCAdmin)

-MNC TCAdmin game config

-Source code (for MNC-Cmdliner).

updated:

10/Feb/2011 -- Changed lines 178 & 181 in the server.cfg (TCAdmin config) to stop confusion with game time settings

11/Feb/2011 -- Changed query port values - be cautious of this, if it tries to use a port already used for a game server, you will have major issues.

26/Mar/2011 -- Added blitz game mode settings. Updated TCAdmin config (maybe correcting ServerInstance problems), and updating the server.cfg. [This version is untested]

MNC-Cmdliner.zip

Edited by stewsta
Updated version

Anyone play with game compatabilty?

-bobby

To my knowledge, TCA doesn't have a game compatibility for UnrealEngine3, only UE2.

Edit:

I've put out another update to the TCA config - added the query port in.

MNC is really stupid in the way that you can't change any port or IP settings, and as such, it uses the query port 27016 (which can very easily conflict with every other game on the source engine).

This isn't much of a problem for us, as we assign ports 27050 onwards for our servers, to prevent things like this being an issue.

To everyone else, I would ensure that you don't have any servers using ports 27016->27028, so as to avoid having port conflicts.

Edited by stewsta

I used your initial setup that made 7130 the query port and have not had any issues. I do believe in checking that log files that players were connecting on 27017. I have a TF2 server on 27015.

In any case, you are setting your query port to 27050 and up. So for the first server, the players connect on 27050?

I only care about running 1 MNC server and so far I think I've been ok with:

port 7777

query/rcon port 7130, which I think you are saying is ignored

Really do appreciate the contribution!!

Hmm ok im having a little bit of difficulty. I followed the instructions and when i try to start the server the console screen boots up and then shuts down and repeats. Doesnt actually start the server.

Now if i run the dedi .bat file directly, i can start the server no problems. So what am i missing or not doing right?

Thanks

I to followed the instructions, at least I think so. I get everything to create and I get a cmd console and the game console pop up on the server and the game shows in the list. But when the game console loads I get a yellow warning message that syas "Failed to load Class HostileContent . HGameEventReactionsContent : Failed to find object 'Class HostileContent . HGameEventReactionsContent" When I try to join the server it takes forever then kicks me, so I assume I have something wrong. Any ideas?

I to followed the instructions, at least I think so. I get everything to create and I get a cmd console and the game console pop up on the server and the game shows in the list. But when the game console loads I get a yellow warning message that syas "Failed to load Class HostileContent . HGameEventReactionsContent : Failed to find object 'Class HostileContent . HGameEventReactionsContent" When I try to join the server it takes forever then kicks me, so I assume I have something wrong. Any ideas?

Well at least you were sorta able to start it, mine just wont start at all. At least using/following the directions put.

Anyone have any suggestions?

"WARNING: Failed to load Class HostileContent . HGameEventReactionsContent : Failed to find object 'Class HostileContent . HGameEventReactionsContent" <---Yellow warning error i see in consloe as game fires up.

You guys downloaded the server files via hldsupdatetool??

Make sure you have directx installed and the c++ files 2005 and 2009 that are in the binaries\win32\support folder.

Well yes, obviously if i can start/run the server from the bat file then of course there isnt anything im missing like c++ or dx.

This error was showing up for me when I was using the default .bat files included with the dedicated server files. It did not impact the server in any way, players were still joining and playing 100% fine.

Any problems you are experiencing have nothing to do with this.

ok everyone, I tracked down the issue Im having, and now i need one of you aces with this stuff to help me if possible.

GTA:SAMP running on the same server is causing an issue. *issue .. with GTA:SAMP running MNC will fire up but you can not join the server. shut down gta and the mnc is perfect. I tried to change ports ect on the GTA but no dice. Any fix for this or i need to relocate one or the other?

I'm working to get this situated with TCAdmin and installed your config as you mentioned, however I'm only able to run one server at a time.

I realize that the Custom Port is the instance number (0-> 14 I believe are your options), and by choosing the instance, it adjusts the port (7777, 7778, etc.). Currently all my servers that have been installed, are all using instance 0. Is there a way to have it detect other instances and automatically adjust this accordingly? I imagine since you have "Convert.ToInt32(%serverport%) - 7777" entered into Custom Port 1, it was supposed to do this, but it doesn't appear to be working.

Also, on a side note. Does MNC only use the machines primary IP? TCAdmin has allocated non-primary IP's to all instances of MNC, however when looking at the console I'm seeing

Log: PublishSteamServer::HostAddress IP is %Primary IP%:7777.

I imagine since your last comment on Feb 24 regarding some command line adjustments were needed to be done, that you've still yet to make these adjustments and these issues I'm seeing are a result of that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use