Return of GriffinRUN ?

Defcon|Rich

wow, they are back?

That does look like an awesome site too.

Who owns griffinrun.com domain if they don't have it?

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/griffinrun.com

http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?k=izZdn0wYifNq71cQfKdXdQ==&domain=griffinrun.net&prog_id=GoDaddy

Who is searches are wonderful little tools which take so little effort to uncover so much information.

I still remember when they had it up for sale something about owing peer1 a lot of money for bandwidth.

This would be the 2nd or 3rd attempt from the folks who bought GR to make a go at game hosting, Not to mention the other failed endeavors so don't hold your breath. They are the definition of a "fly by night company"

I'm glad to see Daniel distance himself from that. As much as we fight I still respect the guy for his talents. Hard to say but it's the truth ;)

Hey Guys,

Just to clear a couple things up...

1. HypedGaming was around for about three years or more and went under for reasons that were a bit out of their control. I am not sure of their "past endeavors" that failed, but they bought out GriffinRUN, MainStreamGaming, and FragNServers before their unfortunate fate.

2. Two of the owners from the past HypedGaming are on board with the re-launch of GriffinRUN. All New staff however, but two of the same owners.

3. Gryphon Computers, LLC owed money, the past owner of GriffinRUN. When GriffinRUN was acquired it was only their name, customers, website, logo, trademarks, etc... The debt has nothing to do with the current GriffinRUN, or the one HypedGaming owned.

4. The structure, website design, website coding, and new-aged Griffin mascot design took around eight months. They are using a newly designed and released custom control panel system, with a strong structure of server offerings on the East Coast. This was not something that was randomly decided; they will be around for the long haul.

Thanks!

Hey Guys,

Just to clear a couple things up...

Gryphon Computers, LLC owed money, the past owner of GriffinRUN. When GriffinRUN was acquired it was only their name, customers, website, logo, trademarks, etc... The debt has nothing to do with the current GriffinRUN, or the one HypedGaming owned.

When you purchase a company you also purchase all liabilities belonging to that company. Unless GriffinRun took legal action to be absolved of their debt the new owner is now liable for that debt.

A way around this issue is to purchase the company assets but not the company. Purchasing a trademark and company name implies a total purchase of the company.

If the previous owner of GriffinRUN owed me money I would come after the new owner. They may not recover the funds but they can claim ownership of any carryover assets such as Trademarks, websites, and logos.

I am not here to talk or argue about past details with the previous GriffinRUN (pertaining to this subject), the previous owner, or debts. But all monies owed with the past GriffinRUN were resolved, and the re-launch is under new owners and a new company registration. If you wish to have any more information on this subject you can email management[at]griffinrun.net.

Thank you.

Not trying to cause trouble just saying be careful how you portray the company.

From reading your about us page it appears you are claiming to be the original GriffinRUN company.

"GriffinRUN has established itself as a top of the line game server provider since first serving the community in early 1995."

As I stated, the past issues with GriffinRUN were resolved. They are under a new company registration (LLC) re-launching the company name, they wouldn't be doing so if all past debts and issues were not taken care of.

However I appreciate you guys lookin' after us!

Thanks.

Archived