Server 2003

Amw3000

Hey,

It seems like TCAdmin was written and is based on Server 2003. M$ will be ending support for 2003 shortly so I really don't want to deploy a product on an unsupported OS. Does TCAdmin work for Windows Server 2008 R2? If not, what are the plans for updating TCadmin to meet todays OS's (IE Windows 2008 R2).

Thanks,

Andrew

There are some issues running some games on 2008 say for example AA3 lags to holy hell on it or any 64 bit os for that matter. 2003 eol means no more updates it does not mean you can not use the software. People are still using xp with no issues besides not utilizing directx10 or better.

There are some issues running some games on 2008 say for example AA3 lags to holy hell on it or any 64 bit os for that matter. 2003 eol means no more updates it does not mean you can not use the software. People are still using xp with no issues besides not utilizing directx10 or better.

And when all goes to hell and you need support from MS? I guess its fine becuase its only a game server but if you have a business with 200+ users...different story.

And when all goes to hell and you need support from MS? I guess its fine becuase its only a game server but if you have a business with 200+ users...different story.

It's pretty simple really...

Use what you know and don't look back. What goes all to hell??? I really don't see what your fanatical about since the OS is in use by so many for this particular purpose for so long that it has a pretty darn good track record.

It's pretty simple really...

Use what you know and don't look back. What goes all to hell??? I really don't see what your fanatical about since the OS is in use by so many for this particular purpose for so long that it has a pretty darn good track record.

And when it gets to the point where you cant fix the issue? Just rebuild and move on? Thats not always the best way.

There are tons of NT4 boxes in production too, does not mean they dont work. Have you ever tried joining a Windows 7 computer to a NT4 domain? Sorry wont work!

My point is that I hope games do not progress faster then TCAdmin.

I recomend using 2003 at all costs. If you own 2008 sell it on ebay today so you can bank out. If your renting the server get 2003!

2008 is great, but if you are having issues, 2003 is still wonderful aswell :) Do like he said, junk 08 if ya need too :}

Archived