Opinion On What I Shall Do?

FluX

Hi, first i'll give an idea on what im trying to achieve before getting into the questions as it should help towards the anaswers.

Im hosting my own community from home for gamers to enjoy game servers with no trouble makers and purely for fun and not competition (maybe some but more for fun if you get me). I have a site hosted for me (http://www.fluxiserver.co.uk) which is not on my server. The game servers I host are all done through my LAN (on a dedicated server) which sits next to me running 24/7. I am currently using the GameCreate control panel and finding it limited. The specifications of the server are:

O/S: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprice - 64 Bit

Processor: Intel Xeon CPU 2.80GHz (2 processors)

RAM: 8 GB

HDD: 160GB

1.) Would I have to get the master server licence which can to get this to work on my site and host game servers for myself/maybe for others? (Im guessing it would be)

2.) Im tempting to maybe move this up into server hosting for others. Is TCAdmin a good way to start?

3.) Can I run this from my server here onto my rented site i.e. the control panel? (I have full access to the site.)

4.) Is this really worth using for what I want seems I am not exactly getting a good amount of income?

Cheers in advance.

1.) Would I have to get the master server licence which can to get this to work on my site and host game servers for myself/maybe for others? (Im guessing it would be)

2.) Im tempting to maybe move this up into server hosting for others. Is TCAdmin a good way to start?

3.) Can I run this from my server here onto my rented site i.e. the control panel? (I have full access to the site.)

4.) Is this really worth using for what I want seems I am not exactly getting a good amount of income?

1. Yes, A master license is what you need for your first machine. (Remotes are for 2nd, 3rd, and so on machines)

2. TcAdmin is a very good control panel. But do not mistake control panel for do it for you panel. You must understand the games you are hosting and be fully able to manage them without the panel, the panel is so your customers can accomplish things not for making it possible for you to run the game.

3. Technically it is possible to place the website onto a remote web hosting. BUT aside from tcadmin's own web hosting plan, this option is not supported by them. You are on your own with making it work and must be technically literate enough to manipulate things and install proper stuff on the web hosting server. It is not one click or simple ftp upload to make that option work.

4. As stated earlier this is about giving someone else access to manage the game server without giving them remote desktop access. Personally if you are running your machine from home still, and that's not a very powerful machine either, I'd stick to the freebie panels until you are far more serious about it. The panel will not make you into a GSP.

1. Yes, A master license is what you need for your first machine. (Remotes are for 2nd, 3rd, and so on machines)

2. TcAdmin is a very good control panel. But do not mistake control panel for do it for you panel. You must understand the games you are hosting and be fully able to manage them without the panel, the panel is so your customers can accomplish things not for making it possible for you to run the game.

3. Technically it is possible to place the website onto a remote web hosting. BUT aside from tcadmin's own web hosting plan, this option is not supported by them. You are on your own with making it work and must be technically literate enough to manipulate things and install proper stuff on the web hosting server. It is not one click or simple ftp upload to make that option work.

4. As stated earlier this is about giving someone else access to manage the game server without giving them remote desktop access. Personally if you are running your machine from home still, and that's not a very powerful machine either, I'd stick to the freebie panels until you are far more serious about it. The panel will not make you into a GSP.

Thanks for you opinion it has helpped me get the information I need to think of a plan ahead.

With the games I do have full knowledge on what to do with them as I have been doing them for many years now (Unreal Series) which is what I tend to stick to for some time till I get some time to learn other games that I tend to play.

The machine was an easier way of using and buying (which only got for ?140 for the whole thing) instead of using a normal machine. I do not intend to be starting up a GSP for awhile until I have learnt a lot more in the business side and also other hardware/software features that will need to be taken place. This is only a small and successful project I have here and I was only planning on hosting a few games for others like for friends and family.

So what you was saying with the website, because I have it rented on another web server that I do not own, I have to find my own way of getting both the site and my server to have access (like a database) and keep talking for it to work? Some kind of script so to speak?

Database connection

Master and Remote connections with the control panel website (configured through the XML files I believe)

And TcAdmin was written for IIS and Microsoft .NET 1.1 so you must be able to properly configure the web application. Some remote web hosting control panels give you enough ability to accomplish this, with others it is flat out impossible.

Database connection

Master and Remote connections with the control panel website (configured through the XML files I believe)

And TcAdmin was written for IIS and Microsoft .NET 1.1 so you must be able to properly configure the web application. Some remote web hosting control panels give you enough ability to accomplish this, with others it is flat out impossible.

What sort of thing should I look for to see if this can be done on my control panel given? Im using http://www.eXtendcp.com/ control panel. Sorry this sort of thing isn't something im experienced in reason why im doing this on my own server at home. Easier to experience it when it's infront of you.

Archived