COD2 - A little Help Please

DrEvil

Hi,

Just a few pointers re cod2 and 4 setup please. I have read ALOT now and a couple of silly things seem to be getting in my way.

I am unable to get TCadmin's "Interact with Console" feature working despite turning on the service in windows (2008r2), restarting the game server instance which has it checked to be allowed and logging into to remote desktop with /admin at the end of my connection line?! So I am unable to see what is going wrong. TCadmin's "Monitor" is running in "Service" mode and I am usure of how to quickly change the service mode or infact wether it is actually needed for the Interact with console to work.

So far I have uploaded a cod2 .iso and installed the game via setup.exe, specifying C:\GameInstalls\COD2 as my installation path.

When I create a cod2 game server it does not appear in cod2 game lobby and I am ubable to trouble shoot with a console.

Sorry if I am being a bit thick, but this is getting a little frustrating now as I have setup many dedicated servers and never had any problems. I am just unfamiliar with TCadmin.

Thanks in advance,

Evil:p

Thanks for the tip Dimitri, i did not think of trying it from a batch.

Is directX needed for server? I don't remember ever needing it on Linux server, but my memory is terrible.

I think I have found 2 problems:

1. The install/uninstall scripts are not working for COD2, but the same lines are working/creating rule in win firewall for CounterStrike: Source, which is weird?!

I am using the following rules from TCadmin KnowledgeBase:

Install:

netsh firewall add allowedprogram "%gameserverexe%" %serverip%_%serverport% ENABLE

Uninstall:

netsh firewall del allowedprogram "%gameserverexe%"

What's strange is that the rules work fine for CSS, but not COD2.

2. Even with Win Firewall disabled the game is still not visible in lobby although TCadmin reports it as "Running". I assume the game has either not started correctly or crashed.

I am starting to think maybe my TCadmin COD2 config is bad maybe, does someone have a good one I can import please?

UPDATE

The game does start from a batch file, but I must disable windows firewall for it to get through. When I try to run it through TCadmin it still does not work and the console is not available so I can't see what's up!!! My best guess is that my imported config template for COD2 (attached) is bad.

UPDATE UPDATE

Hmmm, strange. . . I reinstalled TCadmin and now all is working fine! That's great. I don't know how it's made a differance because all of the settings were identical, perhaps something didn't register correctly 1st time around.

The only thing I have not working now it the interact with console feature, which would be handy.

Any further help on the console issue would be appreciated, I am on Steam: Dr Evil [34th]

Cheers,

Evil

COD2.txt

Edited by DrEvil
update

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use