TIC rate & FPS

Xelatyper

With the default tcadmin configs for games like CS and CSS can a customer change the TIC rate or FPS after they have rented the server as i dont want them to be able to. Are the default configs just standard server settings or can they add anything to the server.cfg to boost it with out me knowng?

Thanks in advance

These values can be set in command line which will override any that a user would put into any server.cfg

Example

-game cstrike -console +ip %serverip% -port %serverport% +maxplayers %slots% -autoupdate +fps_max 1000 -tickrate 101 +exec server.cfg +map de_aztec

You can create different levels in the supported games menu for different tick and fps levels if you wish to provide these options.

*edit* Forgot to add that these values are not in the default config that comes with TCA so your customers can change those values. Use the default as a template to create and import your own config into TCA. Get familiar with doing this sort of action as you will need to at least edit most configs that are available as default or downloadable unless, you like sending emails with another companies info to your customers when you create a server. :p

Thanks for the reply. Really helpful.

Sorry for a noobish questions but have you got like a recommended setup for like

tic and fps for the tier of servers that are best

Like basic 300 FPS?

medium 500 FPS?

Max 1000 FPS

what would be the setting to add for these including TIC rate.

Sorry about this as I host minecraft servers fine but not all that great with CS TF2 and DOD servers

Also how do i change the GAME ID in TC admin if i have multiple of the same game?

Thanks in advance

I'm just getting back into this so I'm back in n00b land with ya bud, been like 2 yrs since I worked with TCA but I'll try to answer off of memory here. I'm sure others will chime in as the community here has always been helpful.

When I was with FPSGS we did 250 500 and 1000.

As far as the game ID I believe you can just make up your own (in the config file before importing) for duplicates or when creating one for a new game or one that you cannot find a config for.

Good luck.

Archived