Amsterdam & Frankfurt Data Centers

CobbyJUK

Hello, i already have a few servers in the UK, but im looking to colocate some servers in Amsterdam and Frankfurt just deciding which datacenters to go into and which networks so if any one has any suggestions please let me know

I will try and rent a server at the center first proberly to check connections and see how it goes, then colocate a few if im happy with it.

Regards

Chris

Keep away from leaseweb, I am just planning to move all my servers from them

Support is annoying, slow and arrogant. They overcharge for everything and be assured that they will get your money on trick (read-cheat you)

Example.

Server crashes, you need your server up fast. Reinstallation of OS is necessary.

As I use my own license I asked them can they mount image, installation is completely automated as I modified image and it will finish itself.

After 5hours support says that they can not allow installation of my own OS.

(they allowed it before)

After I said that installation was carried over without hassle last time they said that they can allow it but with fee of 75€ !!!!!!

I said no way.

Then I asked them to setup 24hr KVM (20€), 8 hours withou reply, very professional

After that I said that I will use their licence I just need server up and running.

20 minutes later, I was invoiced, I paid invoice and did reinstall.

That is what you can expect with them.

Netdirekt was great.

yeah, im looking the best for game servers and on the best networks, as im new to the frankfurt and amsterdam centers, so many choices, leaseweb does look good and has everthing i want, but main concerns are the support issues and charges.

where i am at the moment in cheltenham in the UK its on a much personal basis, as in if i need KVM they will just put it on for with no problem or if there is an issue they can help me sorted ASAP.

i know i wont get that with most company's but i would like somewhere with good support and doesnt over charge and have silly fees just for mounting a disc or somthing.

yeah, im looking the best for game servers and on the best networks, as im new to the frankfurt and amsterdam centers, so many choices, leaseweb does look good and has everthing i want, but main concerns are the support issues and charges.

where i am at the moment in cheltenham in the UK its on a much personal basis, as in if i need KVM they will just put it on for with no problem or if there is an issue they can help me sorted ASAP.

i know i wont get that with most company's but i would like somewhere with good support and doesnt over charge and have silly fees just for mounting a disc or somthing.

If you have a server with DRAC, ILO or similar KVM card built in then go with Leaseweb their network is amazing.

They have issues with DE-Cix as I was told by their network engineer.

Pings reach ~70ms, that is not good if you ask me :)

This is for Frankfurt DC, not familiar with Amsterdam

Hetzner looks good, I think I will go with them since it is widely used for Gamehosting.

Network is better than current TBH.

Also price of 200€ compared to price of 72€ :D

I know where to move.

@Cobby

Netdirekt was also "personal basis", they were really helpfull, if you were in rush they would help, install KVM and even mount iso file to speed up everything.

Since leaseweb took over, things went down :/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived