Dedicated ips

Guest Unregistered

Guest Unregistered

I am planning on hosting gameing servers and im renting a dedicated server and it says i only get 16 dedicated ips does that mean i can only run 16 gaming servers on it?

I am planning on hosting gameing servers and im renting a dedicated server and it says i only get 16 dedicated ips does that mean i can only run 16 gaming servers on it?

No as long as the game does not require a specific/default UDP/TCP port.

For example valve source games allow using the incoming port 27015 to host a game server up to a certain range (I believe)

Ex:

IP1 : 27015 - GS1

IP1 : 27016 - GS2

IP1 : 27017 - GS3

IP1 : 27018 - GS4

... etc

OR

Hosting Websites

Using well known TCP port 80 for each website.

Browsers look at port 80 by default else you would have to define http://www.domain.com:PORT when connecting to the website. (there is software to allow a shared environment/ip based on the domain name)

So in both cases clients may want you to use the default port just out of convenience.

So the answer is no, you can host multiple server services as long as you define a different incoming port for that service. If you want to make the hosting convenient then you can host 16 game servers on its default port, although the client may not care.

Archived