Will this work?

kaosx

Have just sent in a ticket but the guys are probablly swamped with them so i thought id post it here also

What do all you guys think of the below?

Hi there i was wondering if this would be possible?

Can i have TCADMIN V2 WEBSITE/DB run on a linux VPS/Cloud Hosting account,

Then a windows dedicated server with game server files and the master monitor on it ?

Thanks

Well i guess i just answered my own question i think

Was just browsing the the v2 demo and spotted Linux as mater windows as remote

Now iam guessing if i want i can kinda waste my master server licesnce and run everything on my vps meaning "website/database/master monitor" Then get a remote server license to use on my windows game box

That way the DB/Website/Master monitor are still on the same box

tcadminv2_screen.png

I was always under the impression that running the master server and games on the same box was a no no. It is possible but not recommended. (if thats partly what your asking)

I have messed around with running masters on a VPS and as long as the whole machine is not overloaded then it works fine but if the box starts to load up then you will run into some bugs/problems.

I was always under the impression that running the master server and games on the same box was a no no. It is possible but not recommended. (if thats partly what your asking)

I have messed around with running masters on a VPS and as long as the whole machine is not overloaded then it works fine but if the box starts to load up then you will run into some bugs/problems.

I used to run everything on the same box DB/TCAdmin Website/Master monitor + game servers,

This is why i'am looking for this route to take less stress of my main game server box

I think iam correct when i think i can run my Master monitor/ Database / Tc site of my VPS with Cpanel

My Dedicated Server would be server 2008 R2 STD

Edited by kaosx

• 2 weeks later...

I run a 4G Xen PV VPS (CentOS) as master with TCadmin/Database/Game Server on same server. My websites are hosted through my web hosting company however. Everything is stable and runs fine. Gameservers seem fine and quick and haven't had any problems.