ArmA 2 CO

meatwad63

Just run the OA server. PMC and British forces work fine as long as you have the correct mods in the command line. If you need an idea of how to build the command line then download the arma 2 launcher from armaholic and look at the output if you select CO from the drop down.

As for the config I do not have one but if I was a betting man I'd say Dimitri has 1 he'd sell you.

Just run the OA server. PMC and British forces work fine as long as you have the correct mods in the command line. If you need an idea of how to build the command line then download the arma 2 launcher from armaholic and look at the output if you select CO from the drop down.

As for the config I do not have one but if I was a betting man I'd say Dimitri has 1 he'd sell you.

There is a different between OA + its expansions and combined Operations (arma 2 + OA).

We have never gotten combined Operations to run right, so interested as well to see what others have to say - always had missing content issues or players getting constantly kicked with no errors.

Guest Trevor1

To run ArmA2OA in CO mode you need to copy the addons and keys folder from an ArmA2 install and place both folders in your ArmA2OA root

The ArmA2 files will be read by the server once you restart it and then will have the ArmA2 content running under ArmA2OA

hope this helps

We have never gotten combined Operations to run right, so interested as well to see what others have to say - always had missing content issues or players getting constantly kicked with no errors.

Where are you getting your build files from Lane? The steam build never works correctly in my experience so if your using those that's where I'd start. Retail box copies and the sprocket version have never let me down.

Going off what Trevor stated, putting all your content into one should eliminate at least the content errors. Can take up quite a bit of space depending on what you include as a base. My A2 build is 18 Gigs, it's a hog for sure but, that's easily made up when someone orders a 30 slot. Kills 30% of the box but pays the bills for 2 boxes. :)

Where are you getting your build files from Lane? The steam build never works correctly in my experience so if your using those that's where I'd start. Retail box copies and the sprocket version have never let me down.

Going off what Trevor stated, putting all your content into one should eliminate at least the content errors. Can take up quite a bit of space depending on what you include as a base. My A2 build is 18 Gigs, it's a hog for sure but, that's easily made up when someone orders a 30 slot. Kills 30% of the box but pays the bills for 2 boxes. :)

Retail disk is where I started - had nothing but issues. I bought the steam copy last week and am going to give that a whirl as soon as its done uploading.

Arma 2 is general has been a pain in the ass. Not only is the game huge, but the documentation seems to be completely missing beyond the wiki's short and sweet guide for the original Arma 2.

On that note, when Arma 2 gets an update does that mean I need to re-copy the files over to the OA install (I assume so?)?

On that note, when Arma 2 gets an update does that mean I need to re-copy the files over to the OA install (I assume so?)?

Yep copy the files over. If it's an update you get through steam run a copy via batch file to check the .exe version.

When I see an update I pop over to BI and download the patch there because I've seen steam update the client but not the dedi the last few times. If you have an instance that isn't showing up in the browser after a patch this would be most likely a version mismatch, hence why I go to the source for my updates.

Just install the game on your file server so you can apply updates on it then create your zip updates. usually they are huge so you may want to add them into game mods as the game update will timeout.

As for CO you indeed have to copy arma2 files over OA install, thats about 8-9Gb. nothing else to do, no command line edit or anything.

there is plenty of info on BI forums to properly run and config a dedicated server

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use