Modern Warfare 3 will have dedicated servers

I see no problem with wanting to make money of GSPs but if you are going to have a ranked provider system, please make it a clear process to apply, not some crazy back way cause you know someone and know the hand shake to get past the door man. You would think you would want as many ranked providers as possible, but I guess they dont want to deal with the work involved in getting them. At any rate, as along as COD has open servers thats all that matters. No offense to BF, but it is not MW. I will be surprised if it does 3/4th of the COD sales this year. Also MW3 servers will have alot less overhead. I am wary of a new engine and 64 players. Unless they are on top of their game, those servers will be hogs and cost way to much.

Every developer has there own way of designing there games. It doesn't matter how much gsp's complain or offer input on how the server files should be set up or maintained they will design it the way they see fit. As far as charging license fees look where that got AA3 the game was an epic fail from the start. There's also no comparison to bf3 and mw3 when in mw3 you call in air strikes and bf3 you are the air strike.....

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah by rushing out a bug filled release version surely killed the game as we lost 50% of the new clients within the first 3 months of the game release, but comparing it to games like bc2 and moh that go for 1.00/slot paying 2.99/slot for a game where the gameplay and graphics do not even compare people are not going to do especially when they see part of that cost is a 35.00 license fee. The game is dead when you only see 500 players online what a waste of time and energy.

• 1 month later...

Lol, screwed again :mad:

Does Modern Warfare 3 on PC support an in-game Server Browser? Can you also use matchmaking?

Yes! In addition to the public matchmaking system for finding Ranked public games, you can use the in-game server browser to find and favorite unranked Dedicated Servers to join, which can be filtered by a number of options mentioned above.

More info: http://www.callofduty.com/message/44678#44678

it will be the same as cod 4 as what i understand, alll standerd servers will be ranked where you rank up and get points for kills and so on so you get more wepeons, unranked are moded servers and match servers. you can choose in the configuration

-------------------

Only matchmaking to public games are Ranked (meaning, you have to rank up to unlock weapons to rank on the leaderboards), choosing to play on a Dedicated Server is UnRanked. Meaning unlocks are completely controlled by the Server Admin. They can choose to unlock everything or limit class restrictions to whatever they like to fully customize the experience. You do not have to rank up in Public games to have access to weapons in Dedicated Servers, you have complete control over what is unlocked for you in a Unranked Dedicated Server.

-------------------

Archived