download speed for clients

RRxMEZ

I am trying to let a client use the download feature in Enemy Territory to download a mod file for clients. The download rate is only 12kbps this will take hours for this file to download. is the a place in the panel where I can modify this? I tried to modify it in the server.cfg file, but to no evail.

I can't say for sure on ET, but most games the download rate is tied to your maxrates. It uses the "excess" from the rate settings for the downloading. I hope that hurts, as I dont have that problem with my 2 whole servers we sell.

I tried to crank em up this is what I have em set to

set sv_maxRate "1000000" // 10000 standard but poor for ET

set sv_dl_maxRate "1000000" // increase/decerease if you have plenty/little spare bandwidth

set sv_allowDownload "1" // global toggle for both legacy download and web download

set sv_wwwDownload "0" // toggle to enable web download

set sv_wwwBaseURL "" // base URL for redirection

set sv_wwwDlDisconnected "0" // tell clients to perform their downloads while disconnected from the server

set sv_wwwFallbackURL "" // URL to send to if an http/ftp fails or is refused client side

usually you will find its always slow coming from the server set up a URL redirection for it ;)

if your real nice you will set the webspace for for him

but im a grinch and would never do such as thing :lol:

STeam games for instance are limited by the Server, so you cant ever download fast, its a precaustion to make sure that the users arent affected that are playing.

Just use a redirection as previously mentioned

Archived