Server hardware

andy012

Hi guys, whats your opinions on the below setup for game server hosting? Overkill, underkill?

What would be a guestimation of the amount of say.. minecraft or l4d servers i could get on this setup? Will do some testing anyway.

I currently have a test box which just has 1 500gb sata drive (obviously not enough) it completely kills it when setting up a new server (reading writing to/from the same disc)

Can tcadmin be configured to take game files from one hdd to install on another?

Dual Intel Xeon E5620 Processors - 8 Cores / 16 Virtual Cores

32 GB DDR3 RAM

300gb sas for operating system

300gb sas for game files (stores the game files for copying)

raid 1 600gb sas for active servers

gbit or mbit?

10tb of bandwidth

windows

$545.00

Thanks,

Andy.

IMO it's overkill if your just starting out but you'll have plenty of room for future growth

Yes you can have your install files on 1 drive and user files on another.

Hard to guestimate service levels especially with minecraft, if you were to sell 4x 400 slot 8GB services that would eat all the ram right there.

If that price is to purchase the box then jump on it, if that's a monthly lease keep searching because there are much better deals out there.

Better deals? Any examples as from all the searching I've done that is by far the best I've found, I'm struggling to come close with eu hosting aswell. Yeah I'd start smaller however I'd be opening up to a gaming forum with over 700k members, ofcourse I have no idea what the take up will be like and only a small proportion of those members are both active and interested in pc gaming but id rather over estimate :)

Archived