Move Location

I dont understand why this is a good idea, i could see it being abused.

when people order a server make them choose a location closest to them

Every feature has it's Pro's and Con's. This was in V1 but you had to have someone with access with the move location feature for them to move the server.

I think for the move location feature in V2, Have an option for clients use it but limited. like 2 location switches per month, or to what we set it at.

Be usefull for alot of cases, for example today i had to move some clients off a dedicated server due to issues with it. Manually moving people in a pain in the *** and just clicking "Move" would of been so much easier.

alot of other Game Panels and independent ones have this, if someone isnt happy or there connection changes and wants to try a new location be great if they can choose where. or if you have a new location and they want to try it out.

be good if you could like have a select box for each game to select what location it can move to.

• 3 weeks later...
Just found out this feature already exists. *facepalm*

Admins can move game servers yes via the actions menu, but it's just to a set server, not to a datacenter.

I'm not 100% sure but I think he meant that users would be able to move their own servers around when they needed.

Admins can move game servers yes via the actions menu, but it's just to a set server, not to a datacenter.

I'm not 100% sure but I think he meant that users would be able to move their own servers around when they needed.

How are you supposed to monitor server resources and capacity if users are constantly changing the location of their servers?

To add to this, if someone wanted to screw your company over they could buy a small gmod server and then constantly move all the files, that would chew through your bandwidth.

It's another step towards full automation which I try to follow as much as possible.

This loosens the work load for my and my support operators as well as giving much more of a spontaneous, fluid and speedy user experience.