Tcadmin2 + cpanel

kaosx

hey guys the reason i'am posting this thread is because my host said i have broke my linux server, I havnt done nothing to it other then install tcadmin and 2 css servers.

Specs are E31240 + 8gig ram W/Cpanel/WHM

Now half the stuff in cpanel/whm is not working,

Now the host is basically saying i broke it, Now all this has happened last night when they said the server got ddos attack,

Now iam asking you guys do you reccomend running tcadmin along with cpanel installed on it ? I wanted to go this way so that the master server wasnt going to be just dead money,

Or would you guys just reccomend a VPS with no servers on it? just tcadmin and my site

Thanks

MySQL, is what i use on secure connection. But it's all up to personal preference.

the VPS u have do you have cpanel/whm installed on it ? and have no problem?

Ok so right now i have the following

1 Windows running server 2008

1 Linux Centos 5.8 x64

I have the linux as master with tcadmin site + mysql DB + my own site whmcs and all the databases + 2 css servers

Or would it be best to do it this way

VPS with Cpanel/WHM + tcadmin + DB, nothing else on it

Windows as remote

Then have my linux dedi run my site whmcs etc and hlstatsx:ce

What way would you do things?

I had my site hlstax tcadmin everything on vps -2 css server and it didnt cope very well, Hlstatx is a must and i know it uses shit load of resources

Thanks

Edited by kaosx

Well, The way I'm currently setup is this.

My VPS provider dose Daily backup's, So i also use my VPS as the offsite backup for my Website, Game Server Configuration files, Maps, Mods, ETC. The follow specs is what i have and i only pay $25 a month for my VPS. But the only thing i have installed on my VPS are

• Webmin
    MySQL
    TCAdmin

And my VPS Specs are this.

• 50GB Disk
    512MB Ram with 1024GB Burst
    1000GB BW
    Centos 6.2 x64

Now, You may decided to do it that way, In the long it's worth it imo. I would re-image your Linux machine (make back ups of your site obviously) and go fresh and use your Linux machine as your web. But that's all up to you of what sounds better ;)

Well, The way I'm currently setup is this.

My VPS provider dose Daily backup's, So i also use my VPS as the offsite backup for my Website, Game Server Configuration files, Maps, Mods, ETC. The follow specs is what i have and i only pay $25 a month for my VPS. But the only thing i have installed on my VPS are

• Webmin
    MySQL
    TCAdmin

And my VPS Specs are this.

• 50GB Disk
    512MB Ram with 1024GB Burst
    1000GB BW
    Centos 6.2 x64

Now, You may decided to do it that way, In the long it's worth it imo. I would re-image your Linux machine (make back ups of your site obviously) and go fresh and use your Linux machine as your web. But that's all up to you of what sounds better ;)

How did you get mysql installed on vps with no cpanel?

EDIT i see webmin as a module install of on mysql

database.thumb.JPG.1dcf9ca58ec33b27a9c14dba60e30bb3.JPG

Edited by kaosx

You can have Webmin install it, Or do it manually.

thanks post above i just uploaded a screen shot

What do you put in what feilds?

This is taken from webmin demo site

Thanks mark your help is really appreciated