Help Configuring TCAdmin

Techwebhosting

I am new to TCAdmin V2 and I need some help configuring it and I don't want to bug the support team with stuff that is not important.

1 - Installing Mods

I have added a mod to my Left 4 Dead 2 config. When I try to install the mod I get "Error - 550 CWD failed. "/Games/l4d2/TCA.Mods": directory not found.". I have it setup to download the game files from a file server. I am not sure if it is trying to get the mod from the file server. My file server is setup like this "/l4d2/TCA.Mods" no "/Games/" parent directory. How do I fix this, do I have to make the file server setup to be "/Games/" before everything?

2 - RAM Cap - Solved

How do I set the ram cap in TCAdmin for the live stats? So like its using 1% of the whole servers ram but I want it to say using like 90% of the set amount of ram?

3 - File System Permissions - Solved

Can you make it so that a ftp user/file manager can not delete files that have been setup with read only permission or is this just for stopping the text editor from working on that file?

4 - Custom Scripts - Fixed By Peace

I am trying to make a script that will delete old log files. I made the batch file that works, but when I made it in TCAdmin it dose not work. I am able to make a log file in the users directory with the script, so I know it is running. I have it setup like this.

Script Engine: batch file

Event: Custom Icon

Allow scheduling: Y

Prompt for variable values: Y

Stop service before executing: N

Execute as the service's user: N

Ignore execution errors: N

Then the script:

"

@echo OFF

echo ****************************************

echo * Deleting Logs - left4dead2\bin\logs\ *

echo ****************************************

echo del /Q %ThisService_WorkingDirectory%\bin\logs\*.*

"

Edited by Techwebhosting

Error - 550 CWD failed. "/Games/l4d2/TCA.Mods"

make sure you specify the whole filesystem. (I assume it's windows from note 4.)

This is possible for games such as Minecraft as its booted with ram in the command line. This will only work if the Game supports it. It's best to just leave RAM stats out for all games with the exception of Minecraft

File system settings for the game you wish to restrict is able to do this for you.

CloudCUBE,

Thx for the reply, but it did not really help me any.

Error - 550 CWD failed. "/Games/l4d2/TCA.Mods" this is a problem with TCAdmin V2. In TCAdmin V1 this is how the directory is setup "\GameInstalls\GameFolder\TCA.Mods". The file server is setup like this "\GameFolder\TCA.Mods". TCAmin V1 is able to get the game files and mods like that. With TCAdmin V2 I have it setup the same, "\GameFolder\TCA.Mods", and the game installs work fine from the file server but when I try to install the mod. It wants "\Games\GameFolder\TCA.Mods". When under the file server their is no "\Games\" parent directory. Now I could just add the parent directory to fix it. However its still a problem because the mods do not use the same path that you have set under the "Game Downloads" tab for the file server.

I Remember back when TCAdmin V2 came out you could set the max RAM for the live stats somewhere. While it dose not do the same thing that the command line option dose for minecraft. I just want the live stat for memory not to be set to 1% of a server that has 32GB of RAM. I want it to be like 90% of 400MB Edit: I Found it. You go into the game config, then "Variables". Set the "Default Value" to what you want the live stat to show, then check the "Max Memory" box.

Edited by Techwebhosting

This is the problem I am having with the file system permissions. I want a user to have the ability to make directories in "left4dead2\left4dead2\cfg\". So I set it up with the advanced permissions, read files, list directories, create directories, rename directories, and delete directories. I then hit the update button then save. When I reload the page it removed all the permissions but read files. I have setup the user to not be able to do anything but read files. Then I want the user to be able to make directories for add-ons, like sourcemod. So I would try to setup the above so they could make the "left4dead2\left4dead2\cfg\sourcemod\" directory but not be able to change any of the config files in "left4dead2\left4dead2\cfg\". After that I would add "left4dead2\left4dead2\cfg\sourcemod\" and give them full permissions to that directory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

How do you go about deleting the files that are in the user folders as well? The "Service files."

C:\TCadmin2\Monitor\Services\<serviceID>\<log files>

I can't figure out how to tell it what the service ID is automatically..

I don't want to do a:

Del "C:\TCadmin2\Monitor\Services *.log" /r

or it will delete every other services log files as well. Couldn't find a way to move those logs files either. Any ideas??