GSP with API: anyone?

revhosting

Hi

I want to discuss with you about the situation we have with game hosting business. It's clear enough that publishers no longer want to release server-side applications of their games. We all know that only a few selected Game Service Provider have the possibility to host the most recent and desired games because they can guarantee world wide infrastructures. Small and medium sized companies can only host old games.

Said that, i'm not blaming publishers and providers. The same exact thing also happens for domains. Regisistration Authority doesn't waste time with sales to end users and neither with small and medium sized companies. For example .com domains can be registered only by a limited number of Accredited Registrars. If you are not in this list, you can still register domains for your clients using an API service provided by an Accredited Registrar like Enom, Resellerclub... so here's the point! You can still register domains in bulk for all your clients thanks to the API and provide all related services.

So my question is: why no one of the "Accredited Game Hosting Providers" want to provide this kind of service? They could increase their sales supporting wholesale business model. I think that it's important because there's no way to become partners of EA, Dice etc. The importance should be doubled here on TCAdmin because big companies use their own systems and, sooner or later, most of us will leave this business. Personally i made a very cool system (see here - the thread is old and not updated anyway) but it's pointless to use it and TCAdmin if we can't host any of the recent games.

So my question is: why no one of the "Accredited Game Hosting Providers" want to provide this kind of service? They could increase their sales supporting wholesale business model. I think that it's important because there's no way to become partners of EA, Dice etc. The importance should be doubled here on TCAdmin because big companies use their own systems and, sooner or later, most of us will leave this business. Personally i made a very cool system (see here - the thread is old and not updated anyway) but it's pointless to use it and TCAdmin if we can't host any of the recent games.

I'm pretty sure there is 2 reasons for this:

• EA/DICE probably prohibits that in their contracts.
  • Less competition = more money!

Oh yes, i remember someting about EA/DICE contracts "signed in blood" so let me clearly explain my point of view. I started hosting gameserver in 2005 with another brand. Even if i'm still hosting games, my core business is totally different. Well to make it short "hosting" in general no longer is my job. Basically i'd want to turn off all my servers but you understand that it's not that easy because there are still clients. Now for webhosting i was able to move all my websites into a reseller plan with another company but it seems that i can't do the same with gameservers. In fact no one offer a real reseller plan. It would be great for me to move all services to another provider and simply "redirect" and rebuild all my APIs.

Less competition = more money!

Well there are companies that only offer reseller plans. No end-user support, massive advertising, marketing, micro-payments (less expenses)... you just have to deal with wholesales (easier and reilable) and let them sell products for you.

Archived