Allow clients to choose what emails to receive

Dennis

• 3 months later...

I still think it would be a great option to allow clients to opt-out of certain emails. Anyone care to share their thoughts about this?

This would also make it possible to put a "opt-out" link in the bottom of each email.

If they have the possibility to opt out mails, they wouldn't know what is going on with their server at times. Remember that you can already disable emails through the templates.

I usually just disable query failures (Only per failure, not on MAX query failure). That way the client is not spammed with emails from TCAdmin, and usually only recieve emails when it's something important, I guess.

What they should implement though, is the ability to choose whether to send the email, or just add it to their emails on TCAdmin instead (or both, for that matter). This way they would still get the message.

Yeah, the last part is also mentioned in my first post. It should show up as a notification :)

The problem is that we are hosting Minecraft services, and some of our clients think it is possible to host a HyperPixel/Mineplex kind of server on the smallest tier which results in a lot of mails being sent whenever their server restarts when it reaches the memory limit. Some clients' servers restarts as often as once every 5th minute sometimes.